Houston
Sponsored by

HVAC ITL Recommendations (Zoning w/ single condenser)

1,140 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by redag06
archangelus2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have an old (1939) two story house that has a single over-sized AC unit. We are looking to add AC to a finished attic space as well as have the upstairs and downstairs zoned to reduce the discrepancy in temperature between the two floors.

I have gotten a quote from Lee Thompson to do this work but wanted to get a couple more quotes for comparison. Anybody had good experience with zoning work before? I have read that it is best to hire a company who has a lot of experience in zoning with a single unit as it is often done incorrectly.
Dill-Ag13
AG
Not sure regarding their experience with zoning but ArticAir destroyed the competition on price. Mike Waters is a standup guy that went above and beyond for my family last week during the hard freeze. If you get a quote, tell him Dillon sent you as I'm pulling the trigger on a new system this week myself!
Aggie02
AG
I am not familiar with residential contractors. There are multiple residential products in the market now to achieve what you are looking for. You are looking for a variable refrigerant flow system with multiple zoning. The condenser needs to be equipped with a variable speed compressor.

Manufacturers that have a residential product are:
Daikin, http://www.daikinac.com/content/residential/whole-house/#systems
Toshiba (they manufacturer it for Carrier).
Hitachi (they manufacturer it for York/JCI).
Ag_07
AG
Not sure of their experience with zoning but call Texas Pride @ 713-864-0110

They're good people and they've done good work for us in the past.
archangelus2
AG
One more bump in case anyone has a specific recommendation for zoning.
inch05
AG
ArticAir is pretty much all i'll call for HVAC stuff
Southpaw 07
AG
I haven't used their services, but Morgan Air Services is owned by a former coworker of mine. I was spitballing ideas for a single compressor, multi-zone system for my house with him last weekend.
Spore Ag
We live in a '39 West U house and have used Ethan Clark for years. Family owned.
88agswin
AG
I can have one of my guys come out and give you a quote. We do zoning systems and they work the best with the variable speed equipment. My company is Enviromax Services and my office number is 713-466-7555
redag06
88- Do you work in kingwood? I'm interested in getting some supply vents added in closets and half bath, and also interested in adding return airs since I only have a hallway return. Want to make sure the system can handle all of this as well, so want someone who knows what they are doing.
88agswin
AG
Sure...for Ags I will go just about anywhere.
IrishTxAggie
AG
88agswin said:

Sure...for Ags I will go just about anywhere.

This is why I love being an Aggie
redag06
Have someone coming out in 2 weeks to look it over and give a quote.

Thanks
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.