Houston
Sponsored by

Need advice regarding Super Bowl hotels

3,438 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Serotonin
murphyag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Father-in-law plans to buy himself, me and my brother in law tickets to super Bowl if Cowboys get there. I've been put in charge of looking at hotel possibilities. I assume all of the decent in town hotel options are booked. Starting to look at nearby suburbs. But, not familiar enough with Houston to know which towns are the easiest in and out of regarding getting to and from stadium. Any thoughts on Kingwood, The Woodlands, Katy, Sugarland? Or any other areas closer in that you can think of. Appreciate your help.
Al Bula
AG
Some good deals around these areas:
Kashmere Gardens - A little bit of the lush Caribbean tropics in Houston, there are some good Courtyard by Marriotts
Denver Harbor - Rated "Best of the Gulf Coast" in 2011, 2012 and 2014 (not sure what happened in 2013)
Acres Homes - Spacious "country living" in the city, not uncommon to see prized showhorses around this area
Sunnyside - Lots of quaint bed & breakfast places, no corporate hotels
g_werch
AG
I have a two bedroom apartment on Main St in downtown. My wife wont let me Air BnB, but I bet I could convince her to rent it out to a few Ags. Let me know what kind of numbers you are seeing and maybe we could make a deal.

g_werchola

at

yah00
94chem
I would try the Courtyard in Kingwood. Right on 59, and there is a decent bar called The Draft - no driving necessary. If you're looking for a party scene, I can't help you. If you're looking for a decent hotel that's safe and gives good access to downtown, that's what I'd try.
malenurse
AG
Quote:

prized showhorses
Greatness right there.
murphyag
AG
Thanks guys. Father in law isn't looking for party scene. I'm fine with whatever as long as I'm getting a free ticket. The apartment on Main Street is probably more than he will want to spend in addition to the game tickets and airfare for my brother in law. Will take a look at other hotel suggestions you guys made. Thanks again.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Email at username@gmail.com if cowboys get to that point and looking to buy tickets. I may be able to save you some money on them (still will be crazy expensive).
murphyag
AG
Thanks Derek. Will do.
cab559
AG
lol cowboys are losing to packers this weekend
The Milkman
AG
I would be willing to rent you my condo... I dont want to put it on Air BnB, but for a Texager and keep something off the website to normal people I'd be happy to work something out.

I'm in Memorial at Chimney Rock. Quiet area 2 bed/2 bath. Shoot me an email if you want. cptauer at gmail
agnerd
AG
If the cowboys make it, I'd expect hotels to open up a lot. Huge chunk of the visitors they were counting on will stay with a friend or family member in town.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
murphyag said:

Thanks guys. Father in law isn't looking for party scene. I'm fine with whatever as long as I'm getting a free ticket. The apartment on Main Street is probably more than he will want to spend in addition to the game tickets and airfare for my brother in law. Will take a look at other hotel suggestions you guys made. Thanks again.

If the old man is paying for the Super Bowl tickets, the least you and your brother-in-law can do is pop for the hotel.

I'm just sayin'...
g_werch
AG
Finn Maccumhail said:

murphyag said:

If the old man is paying for the Super Bowl tickets, the least you and your brother-in-law can do is pop for the hotel.

I'm just sayin'...
And if you're going to pay for a hotel, why not stay in the middle of the action? I'll make you a sweet deal.
David_Puddy
AG
cab559 said:

Care to wager on that perhaps?
BohunkAg
AG
David_Puddy said:

cab559 said:

Watch out, Puddy is a HUGE Cowboys fan despite living in Houston.
David_Puddy
AG
Maybe people will start to realize this after you post it for the 1,001st time. I have spent more of my life living outside of Houston than in it.

What are you doing on the Houston board when you don't live here?
BohunkAg
AG
David_Puddy said:

Maybe people will start to realize this after you post it for the 1,001st time. I have spent more of my life living outside of Houston than in it.

Loving on my buddy.
David_Puddy
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
BohunkAg said:

David_Puddy said:

Loving on my buddy.
and Puddy is now pregnant
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
cab559
AG
David_Puddy said:

cab559 said:

Yes, assuming you will give me 4.5 points or +180 M/L (what my local book is giving me).
CowtownAg06
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Email at username@gmail.com if cowboys get to that point and looking to buy tickets. I may be able to save you some money on them (still will be crazy expensive).
Interesting.... I'll keep this in mind
CowtownAg06
AG
As another serious reply.....

If ya'll don't care about being in a cool area with things to do, then really any of the suburbs will work for you. The traffic that weekend is going to suck from everywhere, so I'm not sure any place will be better than than the other. NRG is located on the the south side of 610, so Sugar Land and Pearland will be closest from a burbs perspective. You could even look at Galveston as it's almost as close as the northside burbs from there.

The apartment and condo deal being offered on here are probably great options, so I'd look into that as well.

If you are going west on 10, then just about anything between downtown and Katy won't be too sketchy. If you are staying anywhere south of 610, you have a high likelihood of being in a not so great area until you reach the burbs. If it's three dudes, you might not care, but just be aware.
David_Puddy
AG
cab559 said:

David_Puddy said:

cab559 said:

Yes, assuming you will give me 4.5 points or +180 M/L (what my local book is giving me).

Changing your stance from "packers are winning" to wanting points now? Figures
cab559
AG
David_Puddy said:

cab559 said:

David_Puddy said:

cab559 said:

Changing your stance from "packers are winning" to wanting points now? Figures
Ok, so ML for $250 +180?
David_Puddy
AG
Guess you're not too confident in your statement if you want almost 2 to 1.
cab559
AG
Why bet you head's up when odds are +180? If you were confident you would take the bet.
lostrg
Just get a cardboard box and stay there during the Super Bowl.
The Original AG 76
AG
lostrg said:

Just get a cardboard box and stay under a bridge during the Super Bowl.
at least you will be with fellow cowboy fans !
lostrg
The Original AG 76 said:

lostrg said:

Just get a cardboard box and stay under a bridge during the Super Bowl.
at least you will be with fellow cowboy fans !

I'm a Texans fan.
Tom Hagen
AG
Problem solved.
W
AG
yep, great, great night for folks in the hotel business
cab559
AG
This didn't backfire at all
htownag10
AG
OP's FIL just saved a ton of money
lostrg
Hahaha good. No Cowboys in the Super Bowl finally
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.