Houston
Sponsored by

My daughter is seeking a nursing job in Houston

2,380 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Al Bula
Texas Ag Mom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just trying to help my daughter out w/some networking. She has 2 degrees form TAMU w/the most recent being nursing. She graduated in May2016 & is currently employed as an RN in the nursery of a large HCA hosp in Dallas.She loves her job but she wants to relocate to Houston. She is only interested in pediatrics or women's healthcare. Any help is much appreciated!
ram6332
UTMB is actively hiring RNs in Galveston, Angleton and League City
kubiak03
AG
Rule 1?

Woodlands has a few new hospitals up or soon to be open.
MrMiyAggie
AG
Memorial Herman Cypress will be opening March 31. They are accepting applications now.
Zemira
AG
My parents' neighbor worked in the Med Center as a nurse and secured a position at the hospital there recently. She will now have a 5 minute commute instead of a hour.
malenurse
AG
Way too many variables here. What type of nursing does she want to do? Days or nights? What part of town?

All the major hospital groups post job openings on their websites. She needs to start looking at job postings. The comment about Memorial Hermann in Cypress is accurate.

Edit: reading comprehension fail. I didn't read the last sentence. Obviously look at TCH or Women's Hospital. Also Memorial Hermann has their Childrens Wing and a pediatric ER at the Med Center Location.
Texas Ag Mom
She works nights now. Will work either. Very flexible. She is already checking job postings. Thanks!
MichaelJ
AG
Does she have nice scans?
kubiak03
AG
Flexible is a big plus
CowtownAg06
AG
My wife worked at Texas Children's in the med center for nine years and loved it. The are always hiring, however, their HR is a bit of a gong show. Her best bet is to probably just show up and ask to speak to someone in HR about open positions. That's how my wife got her spot back in '06.
randy828
AG
kubiak03 said:

Flexible is a big plus
Plenty of openings to be filled
Teddy KGB
AG
HCA owns The Woman's Hospital of Texas which is down town.
Goodest Poster
AG
You guys are cracking me up.

OP, pm me.
Texas Ag Mom
Yeah they really are hilarious....
I can't pm. My email is texasmomjunk at yahoo dot com
Al Bula
AG
Wet nurses
GoneGirl
AG
If she can't find a nursing job in Houston, she's doing it wrong.
Texas Ag Mom
Well she did just start looking & she is trying to explore lots of options. As I have already said she would like to find something in pediatrics or women's services. If that doesn't work out for her she may have to expand her search to other departments. Lots of hospitals have criteria (like 18 mos experience or don't apply). She has only been working for 6 mos. Thanks for the help.
David_Puddy
AG
Yall are some savages
Ragoo
AG
Check out Methodist willowbrook
lostrg
Check out a hospital. Any hospital.

If not then just let her go around town and say she's a nurse hire her.
Col. Steve Austin
AG
kubiak03 said:

Rule 1?

Woodlands has a few new hospitals up or soon to be open.
Yep, including Texas Children's and Methodist. My wife is an RN (mother/baby nurse) at St. Lukes / CHI but they are in cost cutting mode and looking to merge with another hospital system.
Football&Finance
AG
i know that TCH is trying to staff up on NICU RNs/NNPs in anticipation of their Woodlands facility opening in the spring (I assume there will be positions both in Woodlands and Med Ctr, Med Ctr employees choose to transfer to the Woodlands)
Al Bula
AG
Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital looks like a solid place. It's like the Ben Taub of the northeast side.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.