Houston
Sponsored by

HSLR 2017 Concert Lineup

22,886 Views | 185 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Wonderer
mts6175
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nothing like a rave at a rodeo........

http://www.khou.com/entertainment/events/rodeohouston/rodeohouston-announces-2017-concert-lineup/384141665

March 7 - Aaron Watson
March 8 - Old Dominion
March 9 - Chris Stapleton
March 10 - Alicia Keys
March 11 - Alan Jackson
March 12 - The Chainsmokers
March 13 - Sam Hunt
March 14 - Meghan Trainor
March 15 - Thomas Rhett
March 16 - Luke Bryan
March 17 - Fifth Harmony
March 18 - Willie Nelson
March 19 - Banda El Recodo | Siggno
March 20 - Florida Georgia Line
March 21 - ZZ Top
March 22 - Chris Young
March 23 - Blink 182
March 24 - Dierks Bentley
March 25 - Brad Paisley
March 26 - Zac Brown Band

Tickets will go on sale Saturday, January 14 at 10 a.m. through AXS Ticketing via RodeoHouston.com. The online "Waiting Room" opens at 9:30 a.m. the same day.
TXAG 05
AG
Pretty interesting line up. Can't go wrong with Willie and ZZ Top
Olsen
AG
The Chainsmokers and Blink-182 are cool. Fifth Harmony should be called Fourth Harmony since one of their members left the group.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
There's a little bit of everything in there to bring a diverse crowd to rodeo which was the goal HLSR was after. If you can't find something to like in that line up than there is something wrong with you.
KDubAg
AG
Meh.

Anybody with wristbands? Lol
BMX Bandit
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

There's a little bit of everything in there to bring a diverse crowd to rodeo which was the goal HLSR was after. If you can't find something to like in that line up than there is something wrong with you.

This
Dr. Horrible
Better than last year...
RK
AG
I'd say that's better than recent years. Some good/interesting stuff.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Aaron Watson, Chris Stapleton, Willie
10andBOUNCE
AG
Never understood the appeal of rodeo concerts. That place is terrible for music.
Al Bula
AG
10andBOUNCE said:

Never understood the appeal of rodeo concerts. That place is terrible for music.
NRG music snobs are as bad as the Czech kolache snobs.
Texaggie7nine
Upset a little that a real veteran that earned the big stage like Tiesto or Armin van Buren didn't get to be the first EDM act but at least they got one.
7nine
jbanda
AG
Willie and ZZ Top.
jbanda
AG
Also Alan Jackson is a good time, if not a bit on the generic side.
chiken
AG
I would absolutely love to see Willie perform. But helllll naw to dealing with rodeo crowds on probably one of the busiest drunk days of the season.
aTm2004
AG
Blink 182? I've went to about 5 of their shows when I was in college, and most of the entertainment came from Tom and Mark joking and using profanity in between songs. I can't imagine how bad it will be now that Tom went all Emo and actually thinks he can sing.
Chewy
AG
As much as I've griped about lineups in the past I really think this is the best I've seen in a LONG time. I mean there's some serious diversity and solid acts for everyone.

So glad Zac Brown is back.

My only real change knowing what rodeo is trying to do is have Brooks and Dunn over Alan Jackson since AJ was here two years ago. Still I'll take AJ over any new country person for sure. No clue it B&D would get together for Rodeo but would love to see them at Rodeo again.
aTm2004
AG
Other than that, looks like a pretty decent lineup. I may try to make Alan Jackson and Willie (seen them both there before). Any chance the Troubadours play the Hideout?
gigemJTH12
AG
no comment about zero female country singers?

pretty crazy.

I enjoy going to Miranda Lambert with my wife every year. Not having her or Carrie Underwood is strange. Especially because no other female country artists are on there.

solid lineup though.

cajunaggie08
AG
aTm2004 said:

Blink 182? I've went to about 5 of their shows when I was in college, and most of the entertainment came from Tom and Mark joking and using profanity in between songs. I can't imagine how bad it will be now that Tom went all Emo and actually thinks he can sing.
Tom isn't even in the band anymore. He's out hunting for aliens
aTm2004
AG
Huh...didn't know that. I really haven't paid much attention to them since like 2005 or so. I still occasionally bring up Buddha, Cheshire Cat, and Dude Ranch and listen to a few songs.
CDUB98
AG
Much better overall than the last several years, but Florida-Georgia Line? Might as well nail my pecker to the floor. Would be a lot more tolerable.
TXAG 05
AG
aTm2004 said:

Other than that, looks like a pretty decent lineup. I may try to make Alan Jackson and Willie (seen them both there before). Any chance the Troubadours play the Hideout?

Turnpike is way too big to play the Hideout, plus the lineup for that has been out for a while
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
aTm2004 said:

Huh...didn't know that. I really haven't paid much attention to them since like 2005 or so. I still occasionally bring up Buddha, Cheshire Cat, and Dude Ranch and listen to a few songs.
They just released an album, so they are touring for that
gigemJTH12
AG
CDUB98 said:

Much better overall than the last several years, but Florida-Georgia Line? Might as well nail my pecker to the floor. Would be a lot more tolerable.
if you do that could you put it on Periscope?

would love to watch.

thanks!
CDUB98
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

CDUB98 said:

if you do that could you put it on Periscope?

would love to watch.

thanks!
So, you like watching male S&M.

Spreadsheet updated.
aTm2004
AG
Figured.
spadilly
S
We saw Blink a few months ago and they were better than ever without tom. No idea how they're going to play to the "family friendly" guidelines though. A short set helps that, I guess.
gigemJTH12
AG
busted
David_Puddy
AG
Solid lineup. Definitely want to check out Stapleton & WIllie.
Texaggie7nine
I really want to see Stapleton but it seems his style is much more suited for smaller venues.
7nine
zap
AG
Can Willie even sing anymore? Last time I saw him, he just "talked" the lyrics. Terrible performance.
TXAG 05
AG
zap said:

Can Willie even sing anymore? Last time I saw him, he just "talked" the lyrics. Terrible performance.

Saw him at Gruene Hall a couple years ago and it was pretty bad. But still, it's Willie at the Houston Rodeo.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
zap said:

Hell, its impressive he remembers the lyrics 55 years and a wheelbarrow of weed later.
Ag_07
AG
For rodeo standards that's a solid lineup. I could do without a few, but I'll probably use the badge to go to quite a few of those. Good to see no Jason Aldean, Brantley Gilbert, or Kenny Chesney.

Think they did a really good job this year.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.