Houston
Sponsored by

Amica

11,271 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AgLiving06
water turkey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Try having 3 teens on your car insurance.....
TriAg2010
AG
HouTXAg said:

TTT

Just bought a new car. When we called Amica to switch the insurance over, it went up significantly so I'm shopping around.

Recommendations?

Doesn't help insurance rates when most new cars put a few thousand dollars of sensors in vulnerable areas like the bumper and windshield.
Jack Cheese
AG
water turkey said:

This. My insurance bill is like a 2nd mortgage.
water turkey
New Amica policy just arrived. Up 25% from last year.
WES2006AG
AG
water turkey said:

Shouldn't they have jobs and be paying for that themselves?
CDUB98
AG
We have not received our bill officially yet, but this thread raised my curiosity.

Ours went up 4.3% from last year for Auto. Too early for home.
mpreisler
AG
I'm with Metlife and my homeowners renewal just came in at 24.5% increase.
Cody 91
AG
I have found that you just have to shop every year. I was with Liere after switching a couple years ago. MetLife came in 30% higher through them than year before, and I told them I'd shop. Gave them last look and they just couldn't beat what I ended up with, which was Nationwide Private Client, even though they quoted that too.

Point is, not every broker has access to same rates as others, or aren't as willing to cut their take. liere was awesome service but I couldn't pass up another 3500 in savings to stay.

You just have to shop. Period.
Post removed:
by user
Sazerac
AG
my renewal for home, auto, and umbrella is going up 15.5%
Sazerac
AG
BTW they are claiming state wide increases due to weather (flooding in Harris county, hail in north texas) claims and uninsured motorists.
Bassmaster
AG
My homeowner's went up 40% with Travelers (through Liere), so I switched to Amica who matched last year's premium with Travelers.
Aggie_Family4
I recently got a quote from Amica on my home insurance, auto insurance and a personal umbrella policy and they were not competitive with what I am paying currently.
brotheraggie
water turkey said:

brotheraggie
brotheraggie said:

water turkey said:

MrJonMan
AG
bthobig12 said:

I'm with Goosehead Insurance, an independent agency, and I'd be happy to take a look at everything for you. Whenever you have 5 minutes today, please give me a call and I'll gather the necessary information. We have great product across the state (especially in Houston), but if I can't find you a good option I'll at least point you in the right direction.

Jared Sinclair
713-966-6620

Just left you a voicemail to see about running the numbers on our policies
Jack Cheese
AG
Bump because I'm shopping insurance for the first time ever. I'm an idiot and just did what my parents did... sign up with State Farm and stay there forever. Time to wise up.

From what I gather, people here like Liere but they seem to attract you with good rates which then jack up if you don't personally re-shop every year?

Is there a broker who will continuously look for good rates each year? Someone at work was telling me their broker does this, but I didn't get the name (yet).
AgLiving06
I'm with Liere now, but it looks like I'll have to move on.

Price jumped significantly with the insurer they have us with.

I checked several places and it looks like Costco's provider (Ameriprise) may be the cheapest for me with an annual savings of ~500 vs Liere.
HoustonAg1977
I have my insurance through my employer but it is my understanding that if you are with an independent agent/broker, like Liere, that they can provide you with quotes from the other insurance companies that they have access to.

I haven't seen anybody on here recommend Costco for insurance before. They may be fine, just don't know anything about them.
AgLiving06
HoustonAg1977 said:

I have my insurance through my employer but it is my understanding that if you are with an independent agent/broker, like Liere, that they can provide you with quotes from the other insurance companies that they have access to.

I haven't seen anybody on here recommend Costco for insurance before. They may be fine, just don't know anything about them.

They can, but I get the impression that once they lock you into a company, they don't check again unless you ask (which I'm going to do).
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.