Houston
Sponsored by

What's the deal with concert / show tickets

1,202 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by vansprinkle
Sazerac
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do the scalper sites like ticket city just scoop up tix to every show the day they go on sale?

Kinda sucks for the customer to overpay for every single show...but I guess the venue and artist doesn't care, they get paid.
Texaggie7nine
Depends on the venue. Like Toyota Center season ticket holders get first crack. Then the biggest fans that sit and wait online for opening sale and scalpers buy out the rest.
7nine
TXTransplant
I went to the Adele concert a few weeks back. When the tickets went on sale last year, there was a four ticket max. This was her stipulation to prevent people from getting gouged on resales. The show sold out in minutes. So, I get to the show on Nov 8 (there was another show on the 9), and there were TONS of empty seats. She even commented on it during the show and apologized, saying she did everything she could to prevent that. I knew quite a few people who really wanted to go to that show but couldn't get tickets, so seeing all of the empty seats was disappointing.
Liquid Wrench
Yes, in part. I think LiveNation also holds back some seats for their own "resale" platform.
Aggie Rick
AG
It's a scam
WES2006AG
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Depends on the venue. Like Toyota Center season ticket holders get first crack. Then the biggest fans that sit and wait online for opening sale and scalpers buy out the rest.

Up where we sit for the Rockets there are quite a few seats that are held by "season ticket holders" but are sold for every game. These guys are scalpers buying to resell so I would have to imagine that they do the same for all of the big concerts as well.
schmendeler
AG
TXTransplant said:

I went to the Adele concert a few weeks back. When the tickets went on sale last year, there was a four ticket max. This was her stipulation to prevent people from getting gouged on resales. The show sold out in minutes. So, I get to the show on Nov 8 (there was another show on the 9), and there were TONS of empty seats. She even commented on it during the show and apologized, saying she did everything she could to prevent that. I knew quite a few people who really wanted to go to that show but couldn't get tickets, so seeing all of the empty seats was disappointing.
strange. the Wednesday night show was packed.
vansprinkle
AG
I've actually had great luck buying tickets as a show begins at Toyota. Scalpers will slash prices once a show starts, so if there are a ton available, just wait it out. Toyota Center uses Flash seats like Aggie sports, so you can buy the tickets online while standing in line to get in, and then just walk in the door with your electronic ticket.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.