Houston
Sponsored by

Club Nomadic

4,826 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Milwaukees Best Light
Bondag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
lets build a 9,000 person nightclub with zero parking. What could go wrong?
suburban cowboy
AG
Imagine how thoed that clusterbleep will be.
Aggie Rick
AG
Think Whitey will be there?
Ag_07
AG
Parking is no longer a need now with Uber. A lot less people drive to go out nowadays. Bars/clubs realize this and don't sacrifice space for parking.

Especially during SB week. No one here will have a car. It'll be all Uber and limos/private drivers.
Bondag
AG
Maybe I should become an Uber driver that weekend.
Liquid Wrench
Your frequent pronouncements of the brave new driverless world are charming.
Ag_07
AG
I'm right.

Bars don't give a shlt about how hard it is for you to park. Their target demographic doesn't need parking and they rather pack more of them in rather than accomadate olds who can't use a smart phone and insist on driving.

Look at Pub Fiction. They took out parking they had to add more capacity.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Ag_07 said:

I'm right.

Bars don't give a shlt about how hard it is for you to park. Their target demographic doesn't need parking and they rather pack more of them in rather than accomadate olds who can't use a smart phone and insist on driving.

then why do they have valet?
Satellite of Love
Ag_07 said:

I'm right.

You mean the whole 8 spots they had before? You are an idiot. That is a terrible example.
combat wombat™
AG
Uber. Lyft. Etc.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
Call me skeptical as to the viability of this place come March 2017.
TKNR_Ags_co21
AG
1) Immediately sent the link to a buddy who lives within a 2 minute walking distance of there.. he's now looking for a place to vacation rather than dealing with the eventual crowd.. I thought it was pretty funny to watch him read the article.

2) Bars not caring about their customers being able to park? Kirby Ice House wold like to have a word..
Texaggie7nine
Finn Maccumhail said:

Why is that?
7nine
gougler08
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Finn Maccumhail said:

Why is that?
I thought the whole point of it being a "roaming" nightclub was that it would pick up and move out after the Super Bowl clientele leave
Al Bula
AG
gougler08 said:

Texaggie7nine said:

Finn Maccumhail said:

Why is that?
I thought the whole point of it being a "roaming" nightclub was that it would pick up and move out after the Super Bowl clientele leave
Texaggie7nine
Well if "this place" is Club Nomatic and it does well in whatever location it is at after March, then I would say the viability of that place would be good.
7nine
Bondag
AG
TaterAg said:

1) Immediately sent the link to a buddy who lives within a 2 minute walking distance of there.. he's now looking for a place to vacation rather than dealing with the eventual crowd.. I thought it was pretty funny to watch him read the article.

2) Bars not caring about their customers being able to park? Kirby Ice House wold like to have a word..

In same boat with a 5 minute walk. Debating putting house up for rent, but scared to do it with those crowds.
Liquid Wrench
What's there to worry about? 07 keeps trying to tell us that nobody drives anymore, so I imagine the 9000 people will just float in and out for days without causing any hellish traffic and parking nightmares for the surrounding area.
IrishTxAggie
AG
7 sqft/person... I hate people too much for them to be that close to me...
Texaggie7nine
Guess you don't go to Kyle Field.
7nine
gougler08
AG
RPM said:

gougler08 said:

Texaggie7nine said:

Finn Maccumhail said:

Why is that?

Apparently I'm bad at jokes
IrishTxAggie
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Guess you don't go to Kyle Field.
I like the people in Kyle... I wouldn't be caught in a club anyways. If I want to pay a cover and for overpriced booze, I'll go to a sporting event.
drumboy
AG
Cle has like 7 valet spots and maybe 30 spots in the lot across the street, which might not even be affiliated cause it's like $20 to park there. I got there really early (10 PM) when they opened the only time that I went for a friend's birthday and it got crowded as balls. I guess everyone parks on the street or Ubers, depending on whether they want to risk a DWI or their car broken into.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
gougler08 said:

Texaggie7nine said:

Finn Maccumhail said:

Why is that?

I guess I missed the part about it "roaming."

So they build this place, run it for a while around the Super Bowl then it's done? Seems like a weird business model IMHO but I'm not a club owner or investor and don't know squat about it.

As for it not being viable, I think the overhead for a place this size and it's intended clientele just don't work. Unless it's going to continually have fairly big-name concerts.

Meh, what do I know? I'm just a 40'ish white dude who wouldn't have even considered going to a place like this even when I was 25 and single.
Texaggie7nine
I think it has promise. As we all know. Nightclubs are always fleeting. Popular for up to a year maybe then slowly die off either to shut down or reinventing itself.

How much better would it be to have the same nightclub concept and just keep moving it around the country so that it's always new wherever it's at?
7nine
XpressAg09
AG
Nobody read the article...

Quote:

"Houston represents the debut of Club Nomadic, the world's premier traveling nightclub experience," said Jack Murphy, president Nomadic Entertainment, in an email. "Ultimately, it will make appearances at other major sporting and cultural events worldwide."

Odds this isn't viable and the debut is the only time this place works?
WES2006AG
AG
Ag_07 said:

Parking is no longer a need now with Uber. A lot less people drive to go out nowadays. Bars/clubs realize this and don't sacrifice space for parking.

Especially during SB week. No one here will have a car. It'll be all Uber and limos/private drivers.
This. I have completely given up on driving when I go out. Uber is just too cheap and simple to "risk it" after a few (or several) drinks.
drumboy
AG
Any of you guys ever feel like an idiot when you know you're plowed and not forming words very well in the Uber or is it just me?
IrishTxAggie
AG
I generally don't remember my uber ride home...
chimpanzee
How many carnies are they going to have to hire to staff this thing?
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Odds TG gets a temp gig at this joint?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.