Houston
Sponsored by

HEB confirms Heights location for new store

10,116 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by mts6175
Waltonloads08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://theleadernews.com/confirmed-heb-picks-heights-spot/

I've got a huge grocery boner.
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
Hopefully the 18th street HEB turns into a Trader Joe's or 365; and doesn't just close turning that shopping center even more ghetto.
Zemira
AG
That's awesome. Only 3 years after I moved. Maybe I'll move back on day.
drumboy
AG
They better have a good bar to compete with Kroger.
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
They won't, it's in the new law.
12thAngryMan
AG
We've been satisfied with the Kroger on 11th, but glad to have another good option nearby.
terradactylexpress
12thAngryMan said:

We've been satisfied with the Kroger on 11th, but glad to have another good option nearby.
must be nice to have low standards on groceries. that place ****ing blows
Ag_07
AG
Lot Y Tailgate said:

Hopefully the 18th street HEB turns into a Trader Joe's or 365; and doesn't just close turning that shopping center even more ghetto.

Long as Roma Liquor stays open IDGAF!
Ag_07
AG
terradactylexpress said:

12thAngryMan said:

You have a standard on groceries?
Betoisafurry
Maybe all you itl neck beards will quit clogging up the bunker hill location.
mts6175
AG
They are going to build one at the corner of Heights and Washington too
Waltonloads08
AG
Ag_07 said:

terradactylexpress said:

12thAngryMan said:

You have a standard on groceries?

HEB branded items are the tits
Tom Hagen
AG
mts6175 said:

There is no room to build there.
Waltonloads08
AG
Tom Hagen said:

mts6175 said:

They would be tearing down one of the older apartment complexes to make room.
David_Puddy
AG
Hell yes! I no longer have to get my coworker to bring me the HEB's Whatburger jalapeno ranch.
JJxvi
AG
Archstone, the large garden style apartment complex there will be redeveloped (and in fact a portion already has been on the southwest corner close to the park)

There are 24 acres and 1500ft of Washington Ave frontage and 700 feet of Studemont frontage and 500 feet of Heights Blvd frontage at the site. Midway, a prominent developer and owner of mixed use sites purchased and owns the site now (City Centre, Green Street, currently also holding the old Halliburton campus site, etc).

The most likely location for HEB seems to be rumored to be Studemont and Washington actually rather than Heights.
mts6175
AG
Tom Hagen said:

mts6175 said:

There is when you buy all the buildings on a block with plans on tearing them down.......
mts6175
AG
WaltonLoads08 said:

Tom Hagen said:

mts6175 said:

They would be tearing down one of the older apartment complexes to make room.

Yep. This is what they are doing. Think they are starting in about six months.
Tom Hagen
AG
What if someone doesn't want to sell?
mts6175
AG
Tom Hagen said:

They already have....
CATAGBQ04
AG
Either you're referring to the ghetto Kroger at 20th and Yale or you don't live in the loop anymore.
Zemira
AG
Actually the 11th Street Kroger isn't that great. Yes it better than the one on 20th, but that doesn't take a whole lot.

Every time I have been to the store, it was in some kind of disarray and dirty. The meat/seafood department was always emanating unappetizing smells. Nothing I was ever looking for was ever in stock. And no matter what time of day or night there were always gaggles of kids with their parents running wild around the store. I eventually switched to Kroger on Studewood because it was new and hadn't developed any problems yet.

Actually come to think of it every Kroger in Houston is good for about 5 years and then it turns to crap. In the suburbs where I am now the Krogers are aging, old decrepit "Signature" stores.

When I first moved here, I asked where everyone shopped for groceries since Kroger was less than 10 minutes away. Everyone said they went to the crowded HEB 20 minutes away just because the Kroger was that bad. Thankfully about six months later we got an HEB about 5 minutes away.
Waffledynamics
AG
Lot Y Tailgate said:

That HEB is easily the saddest, most dilapidated HEB I have ever seen.
Waffledynamics
AG
Ag_07 said:

Lot Y Tailgate said:

Long as Roma Liquor stays open IDGAF!
Roma!

Those people are nice.
Liquid Wrench
They are really nice people. I was so pissed when I heard that he got jumped. He didn't even want to talk about it, just smiled and shook his head.

I'm guessing Lot Y is the typical sheltered limousine liberal if that shopping center is his idea of "ghetto." I'm shocked - shocked that he's in favor of further regentrification to price out the undesirables.
Waffledynamics
AG
ChiliBeans said:

They are really nice people. I was so pissed when I heard that he got jumped. He didn't even want to talk about it, just smiled and shook his head.

I'm guessing Lot Y is the typical sheltered limousine liberal if that shopping center is his idea of "ghetto." I'm shocked - shocked that he's in favor of further regentrification to price out the undesirables.
Wait, what? He got jumped? When?
Liquid Wrench
Sometime last year. I read it here first and e confirmed it next time I was in, but like said he didn't really want to talk about it. I think it was in the parking lot at closing, but someone else from the hood might know more.
terradactylexpress
CATAGBQ04 said:

Either you're referring to the ghetto Kroger at 20th and Yale or you don't live in the loop anymore.

Still live in the Heights. I only go to that kroger because it's convenient and close. I preferred Fiesta or driving to a heb.

Zemeria hit it pretty spot on, produce is usually subpar, if they even have any. Meat and seafood is average and I can't think of the last time I was able to get everything I had on my list there without something not being in Stock
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
ChiliBeans said:

There are a ton of methy people shopping there and loitering outside... that is my definition of ghetto...
AggieTJ
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Lot Y Tailgate said:

That HEB is easily the saddest, most dilapidated HEB I have ever seen.
Then you've obviously never seen the Port Arthur HEB!
BBRex
AG
At least HEB got rid of of the Pantry stores. Those sucked.
Hoyt Ag
AG
I hate going to this store.

HEB coming in at the old Fiesta is music to my ears. Withing walking distance and next to the gym.
drumboy
AG
BBRex said:

Isn't the one in 18th a Pantry store?
bmc13
AG
Tom Hagen said:

resort to mob tactics
Skinny Wrinkles
AG
BBRex said:

That's all we had in my hometown. I grew up thinking that all HEB 's sucked and were for the lolpoors (us).
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.