Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,458,400 Views | 13488 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by RyanC
Post removed:
by user
captkirk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hal Martin's
Texaggie7nine
Harwin.
7nine
RingOfive
AG
Wal-Mart.

Timex Ironman Triathlon or GTFO!
94chem
Do you mean $500 nice, $2000 nice, or $5000+ nice?

CrossBowAg99
AG
quote:
Hal Martin's

This. You can see what they have on their website.
Post removed:
by user
Ragoo
AG
JYDog90
AG
Start and stop with Hal Martin.
aTm2004
AG
Go to Tourneau in the Galleria to get an idea of what you like, then run far far away and look up a Houston AD on the brands website. Go to a couple of AD's and see who has the watch you want and who is willing to negotiate on the price. Many AD's should be able to come off the retail price. Just like a car, don't be afraid to walk away if they won't budge.
Diggity
AG
you used to be able to find Omega dealers online that would sell from out of state at pretty substantial discounts (and no tax). They don't like to be real obvious about it because of pricing agreements with the manufacturer. The nice thing about this arrangement vs. the "gray market" websites is that you keep your warranty.

I think Timezone.com was one of them?
inch05
AG
Speedy pro is the way to go! but Omega makes some nice timepieces. Jaeger, as well. if i were in the market, currently, i'd figure the galleria would be the place to go but i'm sure you've been.
lb sand
AG
Go to the Omega store in the Galleria. They will probably give you the latest Omega catalog. I enjoyed the catalog all on its own. You can also see and wear the latest watches Omega currently is selling.

Decide which Omega you like the best, then order it online like Diggity suggested.

Another website I have used is watchmaxx .com.
aTm2004
AG
Love my Omega.

aTm2004
AG
quote:
you used to be able to find Omega dealers online that would sell from out of state at pretty substantial discounts (and no tax). They don't like to be real obvious about it because of pricing agreements with the manufacturer. The nice thing about this arrangement vs. the "gray market" websites is that you keep your warranty.

I think Timezone.com was one of them?
OP, do you have any trips planned in the near future? Kind of piggy backing on the above, my buddy bought a Rolex when we were in Vegas and they shipped it to his house (insured) for free and he was able to avoid several hundred dollars in sales tax. They held the timepiece for him, and the day we were leaving, he stopped by and let him know he was heading back so they could overnight it to him. Arrived in perfect condition.
TulaneAg
I have two Omegas as does my wife. We've bought our last two and have all four serviced at Styles Jewelers on Woodway at Voss.

We could've probably squeaked out a better deal elsewhere but I like the personal service and the mom/pop feel at Styles. I had my old Omega (Seamaster) serviced at a mall jeweler who was an Omega authorized dealer when we lived in FL and it was a nightmare.
inch05
AG
Styles...do they still sell Perrelet (sp?) watches?
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
Find out which watch you want and then go on TheRolexForums and ask for someone who sells New. These guys have hookups at AD's and are able to get you the exact watch you want; brand new with all warranty boxes, booklets, cards etc, for about 30%+ off MSRP depending on the AD.

You can save a bunch of money by going to ashfordwatches, jomashop, etc etc but those watches aren't covered by factory warranty, and often don't include all the booklets or cards or certs.

I have a hookup for Omega, Rolex, Zenith and Tag Heuer, I can put you in touch if you'd like.

Obligatory Zenith pic, one of the nicest watches I've ever owned, probably the most beautiful movement

Marauder Blue 6
AG
I'd love to get a hook-up on the new Planet Ocean Deep Black.
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
doesn't look good in person man; waaaaay too black.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Even the red or blue with the matte finish?
inch05
AG
Any jaeger hook ups?
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
quote:
Even the red or blue with the matte finish?

just can get into it, feels completely alien to Omega and more breitlingish wanna be tactical

If I was going to pick an omega it would be the speedmaster chronograph moonphase master chronometre , looks amazing

BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
quote:
Any jaeger hook ups?

nosir, none. My hookups are in the lower-mid high-end range breitling/rolex/omega/zenith/tag. Youre getting into rarified air.
Diggity
AG
If you need some extra Swatch-Guards, I have a guy in Shenzhen.
schmendeler
AG
I have a guy at target that specializes in casios.
DustysLineup
AG
I need a hook up to find the elusive gold robot.

Target on Fondren is always out of the gold ones.
Kurt Gowdy
AG
http://davidsw.com

This guy is the man. I've bought five watches from him.

These gray market dealers only accept wires for the most part but all my transactions have been flawless. He was even able to track down a certain serial sub for me that took him several weeks. If the wire is received before 5pm, the watch is in Texas by 11am the next morning.

http://www.takuyawatches.com

Thanh can meet you in Houston and you can do a f2f deal with him if you prefer. He's a nice guy and I've done several deals with him - mostly trades.

Both of these guys only deal with authentic watches and have superb reputations.
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
quote:
http://davidsw.com

This guy is the man. I've bought five watches from him.

These gray market dealers only accept wires for the most part but all my transactions have been flawless. He was even able to track down a certain serial sub for me that took him several weeks. If the wire is received before 5pm, the watch is in Texas by 11am the next morning.

http://www.takuyawatches.com

Thanh can meet you in Houston and you can do a f2f deal with him if you prefer. He's a nice guy and I've done several deals with him - mostly trades.

Both of these guys only deal with authentic watches and have superb reputations.

Those are two of my hookups, great guys both of them
schmendeler
AG
Wait, you wire him the money before you see the watch? That seems awfully trusting.
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
Ive always used paypal with both, totally worth the 3%
schmendeler
AG
Maybe a silly question, but are you getting a better price than what they list? The takuya guy is selling the omega speed master (current movement) for $125 more than you can get it on Amazon. Am I missing something?
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
quote:
I thought you said above that you work with ADs. Both of those look like gray market.

Thanh and David mostly sell preowned, but they can also source straight from hookups at the AD. I bought an Omega Seamaster Professional Chron 44 from Thanh for 34% off list (and it shipped straight from a S.Carolina AD) and I bought a Rolex Explorer II from David for about 1700 off MSRP (20% or so) and it shipped from Illinois
slavy06
AG
Last Page
Page 1 of 386

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.