Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,496,611 Views | 13672 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Serotonin
TP Ag '87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fall92
AG
quote:
quote:
Damn you guys. Now I find myself wanting to buy a Seiko. Never thought I'd say that.

Do it. You know you want to. I actually ordered one the other night. Should be there when I get home today.
Which one did you order? This might help me get over Kay's closing. Well, not, but any excuse to buy another knock around...
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Mr. McGibblets
AG
I am in love with that watch!
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
quote:
I am in love with that watch!

that thing is about 1/3 the cost of your panerai. You can snatch one up easy
Post removed:
by user
Mr. McGibblets
Farmer1906
AG
meh
Post removed:
by user
Fall92
AG
Blue Superocean or Seamaster? This is the sh#t that keeps me up at night.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
Farmer1906
AG
Seamaster if I have to pick, but I think the better questions are, how many dive watches does one need? Is there a reason to have more than one unless your collection is in the mid teens?
Guitarsoup
AG
All the dive watches!
TXAG 05
AG
quote:
Seamaster if I have to pick, but I think the better questions are, how many dive watches does one need? Is there a reason to have more than one unless your collection is in the mid teens?

How many watches of a certain type does someone need? As many as they want. It's like guns, the right number is n+1.
schmendeler
AG
quote:
how many watches costing over $1000 does one need? pretty sure the answer is zero.
Guitarsoup
AG
If I had an unlimited budget for watches, I would have several dive watches.
schmendeler
AG
I would imagine one should have as many dive watches as they like and their budget for watches allows.
Guitarsoup
AG
Especially if one is that magnificent rose gold and black yachtmaster
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
dive watches are awesome, they can take a beating without showing a mark and they look powerful. my collection is 2/3 dive watches
captkirk
AG
quote:
If I got the 007, it would be the Spectre one
Its sweet. Pictures don't do it justice. Its got a slighty domed sapphire crystal that is hard to capture.

Farmer1906
AG
quote:
dive watches are awesome, they can take a beating without showing a mark and they look powerful. my collection is 2/3 dive watches

I'd keep that to yourself.
captkirk
AG
If the Rolex Yachtmaster, GMT IIc, Omega Seamaster, Speedmaster (3), Panerai Marina, and Tudor Black Bay are considered "dive watches", then most of mine are. Guess I just like how they look over dress watches. I guess I don't know what qualifies as a dive watch. I think of them more as "sports watches"
BBRex
AG
Your Speedmasters aren't in the dive category, really, but the rest are.
captkirk
AG
I don't feel guilty about any of them.
captkirk
AG
My collection:

captkirk
AG
This one the way:

KY AG
AG
Outstanding.
KY AG
AG
quote:
quote:

I'd keep that to yourself.
Hey tough guy - unless your name is Hans Wildorf, John Goldberger, or Jean-Claude Biver, your opinion is worthless.

I love dive watches and always have - and I use the bezel frequently when I'm trying to stay focused on a task for at least 25 minutes (i.e. the Pomodoro technique). Frankly, I'm far less productive on days I'm not wearing a divers watch.
aggiebq03+
Sweet collection
Mr. McGibblets
AG
My OCD would be kicking in with having an odd anmount. Need to balance it out at 6/6.
Pedro Cerano
AG
I have a question for all of you guys with multiple watch collections.

What do you do to keep them all wound / the time set? Do you use one of those automatic watch winders? Or do you not do anything, and just set the time again each time you wear one you have not worn in a while.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
I have a question for all of you guys with multiple watch collections.

What do you do to keep them all wound / the time set? Do you use one of those automatic watch winders? Or do you not do anything, and just set the time again each time you wear one you have not worn in a while.
Sure do

Similar to this except for 8 watches.

https://www.amazon.com/Quality-Quad-Watch-Winder-Storage/dp/B001HTYZP4
schmendeler
AG
I put them on my ankles. only bourgeois wear short pants. this also keeps them away from the sticky fingers of the help.
Diggity
AG
I don't bother with the winders. It takes about 15 seconds to set the things.
First Page Last Page
Page 28 of 391

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.