Houston
Sponsored by

Corkscrew barbecue

52,565 Views | 356 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by schmendeler
David_Puddy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggiedrew08 said:

Went to Tejas Saturday:
We got there at 10am and were number 23. We were ordering by 11:45. The way the line works there is the first 25 groups get a number and don't stand in the standard line, you can find some shade or sit at their picnic tables. At about 10:50 they line up the first 25 groups and start serving, after #25 goes then the regular line feeds in behind the first 25 groups. There's free beer and yesterday there was a Tequila company passing out free drinks.

I love good BBQ and all, but Jesus Christ......standing around and waiting for 2 hours in 100 degree weather just to be served? I'd rather shave my ball sack with a dull cheese grater.
gigemJTH12
AG
David_Puddy said:

aggiedrew08 said:

Went to Tejas Saturday:
We got there at 10am and were number 23. We were ordering by 11:45. The way the line works there is the first 25 groups get a number and don't stand in the standard line, you can find some shade or sit at their picnic tables. At about 10:50 they line up the first 25 groups and start serving, after #25 goes then the regular line feeds in behind the first 25 groups. There's free beer and yesterday there was a Tequila company passing out free drinks.

I love good BBQ and all, but Jesus Christ......standing around and waiting for 2 hours in 100 degree weather just to be served? I'd rather shave my ball sack with a dull cheese grater.
byfLuger41
AG
Phony.

The real David Puddy would never break one of the Ten Commandments.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
David_Puddy said:

aggiedrew08 said:

Went to Tejas Saturday:

This.

I have better things to do in my life
RK
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

David_Puddy said:

aggiedrew08 said:

Went to Tejas Saturday:

This.

I have better things to do in my life
I'm pretty sure you don't have anything better to do than sit around drinking for two hours before getting some great bbq. Although it might take away from your time sitting around drinking somewhere else...
Liquid Wrench
I haven't gotten up early to go stand in line and drink beer since I was an undergrad and we had Noon games in the BigXII.

*not saying I never crack a beer in the morning, but that's usually with the shower running.
schmendeler
AG
Got in from out of town last night and got here about 10 after 10 and was already #14.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.