Houston
Sponsored by

Oak Forest Facebook page gettin real!

60,222 Views | 337 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AgLiving06
Post removed:
by user
Diggity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
From the rest of the post, it sounds like it's built into the ground.

I would file this one under the SOL category for the neighbor. I think they're way past the point of neighborly friendliness at this time.
CDUB98
AG
It doesn't take much smoke for the smell to penetrate the house, which is probably more often that her husband does.
swimmerbabe11
To me, it sounds like one of those situations where if everyone put on their big boy pants and tried to be accomodating, it wouldn't be a big deal.

FFS, Its one day without bbq for a little kids birthday party.

Granted, I think the other people are probably being overly sensitive, but the rational response she gave tells me that she'd be willing (or has been willing) to compromise if the neighbor seemed to have any similar inclination.
Angry Beaver
AG
Looks like there's a fire in the backyard.

I like how at one point, the neighbor thought they were burning their trash. I'm sure he's not the only neighbor that complaints, but he might be the only one that thought about resolving it by addressing it.
Ag_07
AG
I know one thing that we can conclude based on the visible smoke and the trash like smell is that her neighbor is putting out some really sheety bbq.

It may in his guests best interest that he stop cooking.
Jackal99
AG
Why the hell did that person only share it with Westbury? I'd love to read that thread, but I live in Willow Bend, so can't see it. Tell that person to share stuff with Westbury and the surrounding 'hoods.
Ag_07
AG
And now thinking about it she actually may have a gripe.

• She mistook him cooking food for burning trash
  • In-ground cooker
  • Non English speaking residents
  • His name - Maritere Ugalde

He could very well be foreign and cooking up some pretty foul smelling goat, pig, wild game etc. This may not be your everyday Texan smoking up some brisket and chicken.
AgLiving06
Saw this gem today on Westbury board.

quote:
Westbury Residents who flood:
An absolute option we have is to withhold our Property Taxes paid for COH, Houston Community College and HISD. Those are City related revenues. The city will take note and then maybe, they will start moving on the flooding situation here.
So far, the flood control district (Harris County) is working on it. But the CITY has done NOTHING -\
We pay for storm drain and storm drain maintenance and cleaning. They have not spent a nickel on it.
IF YOU WANT ATTENTION, THEN YOU NEED TO HURT THEM WHERE IT HURTS....MONEY!

htownag10
AG
Well looks like a bunch of eviction notices are about to be delivered
htxag09
AG
Rice military today:

quote:
I have feed several feral cats on Nolda St, yesterday one every sweet larger gray feral was just badly hurt , she left before I could get a carrier and get her to vet, ifu see her please let me know

I ******* hate the feral cats around here and really want to reply to this guy.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Cats are the only domesticated animal that can revert to feral on their own.
Satellite of Love
Time to troll. Thanks!
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Good lord, these people make some of the townies on the Aggieland board look marginally sane.
Al Bula
AG
quote:
Good lord, these people make some of the townies on the Aggieland board look marginally sane.
100% true.

AgLiving06
quote:
Time to troll. Thanks!

You can probably figure out who I am on there...I'm the one always reminding them that they voted for this big gov people and then complain when they get screwed over...

But yeah..that dude has lost his mind...
Olive Bomb
Hey whats up with all those "Garden Oaks for Change" signs up in people's yards? Is it related to the guy who sued the HOA and won?
Satellite of Love
You must be one of those under 50 morans who voted for the new tax!!! It's your fault Wetbury floods now!!! /old person rant
Diggity
AG
Silly lady.. Doesn't she really that nobody under 50 votes in local elections?
CDUB98
AG
quote:
Silly lady.. Doesn't she really that nobody under 50 votes in local elections?
I do, but we all know I'm a grumpy old fart already anyhow.
AgLiving06
quote:
You must be one of those under 50 morans who voted for the new tax!!! It's your fault Wetbury floods now!!! /old person rant

Of course not...I'm under 50 and can't vote...

Seriously..These storms have driven some people on that forum crazy. I full expect to see some of them on TV going to jail for doing something illegal.
AgLiving06
quote:
Did any of you who posted here go to the City of Houston Public Works meeting last month. If not let me tell you what the meeting was all about. There is a project in the works to redo the drainage in Westbury. Construction is slated to begin in 2018. The project will replace the existing 18" drainage pipes with 24" drainage pipes as well as new streets and sidewalks. Cost anyone? Over 100 million dollars. Even for a city the size of Houston this is a large and expensive project. The only reservation I have about this project is wether it is taking into account the effects of climate change. These massive rain events we have been having are only going to become more common as the atmospheric temperature rises and the air moisture content increases along with that temperature rise.
Diggity
AG
Climate Czar?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Jesus...if you ever wonder how effective propaganda can be, there are people who think of climate change before they think of development and aging infrastructure when it floods.
tylercsbn9
AG
Nice gem from the Cypress Neighborhood Watch Board. All the stay at home hens are in an uproar because someone found stuff used for heroin on a baby changing table.

Lets just ignore it looks completely staged and is probably a stupid joke by a high school kid.

WES2006AG
AG
Seems staged. A real addict would not have left a perfectly good needle.
RK
AG
probably just left for a sec to go buy a lighter...
RangerRick9211
AG
Somethings going down in OF. 20 cops flew past our house on Althea 10 minutes ago. Now they're all over the hood with a chopper flying around.
Ag_07
AG
Police chase through OF

CDUB98
AG
Thoed
AggieTJ
AG
So the owner of Plonk apparently had a Facebook meltdown earlier. The 200+ replies are gone now, but he's done himself another disservice by starting yet another thread in which people are ripping him again. No wonder his business is failing. What a dumbass.
The Catfish
AG
It doesn't help that the place is overpriced *****
AggieTJ
AG
$26 Cheeseboards!
It must cost so much because that cheese is aged so well, because ain't nobody paying $26 for cheese!
Waltonloads08
AG
quote:
So the owner of Plonk apparently had a Facebook meltdown earlier. The 200+ replies are gone now, but he's done himself another disservice by starting yet another thread in which people are ripping him again. No wonder his business is failing. What a dumbass.

Can you summerize? Plonk is OK, but they dont understand their market area. People here are either (1) 90 years old, or (2) 34 years old with 2 young kids.

An austere and trendy wine-bar chef-driven concept kitchen with no high chairs doesnt exactly cater to your surrounding market.

Al Bula
AG
quote:
quote:
Can you summerize? Plonk is OK, but they dont understand their market area. People here are either (1) 90 years old, or (2) 34 years old with 2 young kids.

An austere and trendy wine-bar chef-driven concept kitchen with no high chairs doesnt exactly cater to your surrounding market.
This!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.