Houston
Sponsored by

Oak Forest Facebook page gettin real!

60,235 Views | 337 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AgLiving06
wessimo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Buncha whiners. They don't even blow the horns anymore.
texsn95
AG
Julie Hejducek from Bear Creek 23h ago

quote:

Fireworks depreciate property values.

htownag10
AG
Well everyone's house just decreased by 50k with the amount of fireworks that went off this weekend.
texsn95
AG
That lady is a blubbering idiot, every 6 months she posts the same anti-fireworks crap with a link to whoever is sponsoring the DOA bill to outlaw them in Texas.
RangerRick9211
AG
We're on the brink of riots. The neighboring business strip, Toasted, Marco's, etc... towed the Shipley's customers this morning that parked in their lot.
drumboy
AG
quote:
We're on the brink of riots. The neighboring business strip, Toasted, Marco's, etc... towed the Shipley's customers this morning that parked in their lot.

Ah shlt, I always park there
Waltonloads08
AG
quote:

Stupid move on their part. Towing potential customers is not very endearing. Then again, the owner of that strip mall just spent a fortune "remodeling", and it somehow looks worse than before. That color scheme is absolutely hideous.
RangerRick9211
AG
We've got an official boycott!

Never mind private property rights, posted signage or liability laws. Shipley's already has Ella as their drive-through; now they should get their neighbor's parking lot.
UndergroundAg
quote:
We've got an official boycott!

Never mind private property rights, posted signage or liability laws. Shipley's already has Ella as their drive-through; now they should get their neighbors parking lot.

This annoys me so much, except when I'm in line.
Ag_07
AG
But if all the idiots beetcing about this were to go to any of those businesses and not having a spot they'd flock the FB and beteech about Shipleys taking over parking.

I don't have a problem at all with them towing, but Shipleys needs to move or expand or something. They've outgrown that space.
RangerRick9211
AG
I've got little sympathy for Shipley's. They have a drive-through window on the north side of their building. I don't know why they don't use it. The car line would wrap around the building before backing out onto Ella.
UndergroundAg
quote:
I've got little sympathy for Shipley's. They have a drive-through window on the north side of their building. I don't know why they don't use it. The car line would wrap around the building before backing out onto Ella.

I've also never seen non mexicans work there.....Kind of interesting....Kind of odd.
El Mero Guero
Amazing how lazy people are. I go to that Shipleys fairly often and you can be in and out in 2 minutes during prime hours if you're active/driven enough to just park and walk 20-30 steps and order inside.
JJxvi
AG
quote:
Amazing how lazy people are. I go to that Shipleys fairly often and you can be in and out in 2 minutes during prime hours if you're active/driven enough to just park and walk 20-30 steps and order inside.

Until you get towed
UndergroundAg
quote:
quote:

Until you get towed

Always leave your child inside, this prevents your car from being towed.
Al Bula
AG
quote:
when I lived in Shepherd Forest I loathed that place and all the fatasses that blocked traffic on Ella.
AgLA06
AG
quote:
quote:
when I lived in Shepherd Forest I loathed that place and all the fatasses that blocked traffic on Ella.

Poor thing.
WES2006AG
AG
quote:
quote:

I've also never seen non mexicans work there.....Kind of interesting....Kind of odd.

You think Mexicans working at a donut place is odd? Is this your first day in Houston?
El Mero Guero
quote:
quote:

Until you get towed

Hard to get towed in 2-3 minutes with your car in plain view. I've done it probably 20 times so I guess I'll take my chances until something happens.
RangerRick9211
AG
It's dissolved in to new vs old blood. OG's think the millennials moving into the hood don't appreciate the historical treasure that is Shipley's.
drumboy
AG
quote:
It's dissolved in to new vs old blood. OG's think the millennials moving into the hood don't appreciate the historical treasure that is Shipley's.

Does 7 years make me an OG?

For real though, my parents used to go there every night when they were dating. Place probably hasn't changed one bit since then.
Diggity
AG
On my Wesbury Nextdoor page this morning. Who doesn't love BBQ in Texas?

and the offending smoke picture:

Post removed:
by user
RK
AG
that's a pretty good one.
aTm_bomb
AG
Not sure which side to pick. The initial poster seems to be overly sensitive to a request by their neighbor and runs to Next Door to complain about it The reply is very courteous and polite (although the request seems to be a little unreasonable, based on the photo but it is just one day)

Final verdict: people be crazy
The Kraken
AG
Anyone have an Indian neighbor? I wonder how they react to the waft of smoking brisket.
Diggity
AG
I didn't get the feeling it was a one time request. This has apparently been bothering them for ages. I just don't know how the smoke could be so bad that they had to replace their windows but maybe I just don't have a great nose.

Obviously we don't know the whole story...the guy could be charbroiling his ex-wife for example.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
What kind of communist twuntwaffle complains about a neighbor barbecuing on weekends? I can get that you might be hurt you weren't invited to partake in the gloriousness of such smoked meats but this is still America gawddamnit and you can BBQ in your yard if you damn well please.
agnatgas
AG
Long paragraph
Ag_07
AG
When I smell my neighbors cooking I think to myself 'Damn that smells good. I should be out smoking a brisket today.'

That's ridiculous. I don't even think OF crazies would complain about that.
schmellba99
AG
quote:
What kind of communist twuntwaffle complains about a neighbor barbecuing on weekends? I can get that you might be hurt you weren't invited to partake in the gloriousness of such smoked meats but this is still America gawddamnit and you can BBQ in your yard if you damn well please.
Not if you live in that cesspool called Austin.

I'd tell my neighbor to pound sand and probably proceed to fire up the smoker even if nothing is on it just because eff you for trying to dictate when and for how long I can cook in my back yard.
RK
AG
...but that's just because you are a really nice guy.
Diggity
AG
like this guy?

Post removed:
by user
Diggity
AG
I agree. She was obviously using that picture as her shining example of how terrible the smoke was but it really didn't look abnormal to me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.