Houston
Sponsored by

Red light ticket city of humble

6,992 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Furlock Bones
BCOBQ98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got one. Should I pay it?
onceaggie
AG
Yes next time don't break the law
Marauder Blue 6
AG
If you don't, they'll keep hounding you by mail and gradually increase the fine. That's what a friend of a friend told me.
GoneGirl
AG
Hey, I drive around there with my kids. Stop running red lights.
The Wonderer
AG
Meh

*I'm a lawyer, but not your lawyer. This is not legal advice and an attorney-client relationship does not exist between you and me*
BCOBQ98
AG
Guess I should clarify. Barely rolled a right on red and zero cars in opposing direction. Yes I know that is still breaking the law.
TSW2012
AG
My office is over there, average a couple a quarter rolling right on reds, plus couple of yellow gambles. Pay it, not worth the hassle.
gordo97
AG
Pay it double so it's already taken care of for the next time you do it you criminal!!!!
BMX Bandit
why would you not pay it?
aTm2004
AG
My mom lived in Humble for a while and loved the cameras until she got 3 tickets. Her first one, she said "I did run it." The other 2, she watched it and was pissed because she didn't run it. I told her "tell it to the jury, oh, wait!"
aTm2004
AG
quote:
Pay it double so it's already taken care of for the next time you do it you criminal!!!!

I've thought about this. After you send in the check, run the light again with your middle finger out the window.
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
why would you not pay it?
Because it's bulllllllllllsssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GoneGirl
AG
quote:
Guess I should clarify. Barely rolled a right on red and zero cars in opposing direction. Yes I know that is still breaking the law.
Contest it then. Take it to the muni judge and see if they'll dismiss it.
GoneGirl
AG
quote:
My mom lived in Humble for a while and loved the cameras until she got 3 tickets. Her first one, she said "I did run it." The other 2, she watched it and was pissed because she didn't run it. I told her "tell it to the jury, oh, wait!"
quote:
I do not believe I ran a red light. Where can I go to view my images and video?The images and video are available on the Internet at www.ViolationInfo.com. To log on to the site you must enter the Notice Number and the PIN Number located at the top right of your Notice of Violation. If you do not have Internet access, you may view your images at the City of Humble Municipal Court, 315 Bender Street, Humble TX 77338.

I don't believe I ran a red light and want to discuss my case with someone.You must request an adjudicative hearing on or before the due date listed on the top and bottom right of your notice in order to request a review of your Notice of Violation before an Administrative hearing officer as detailed in the code of ordinance.

What is an administrative adjudication hearing?An administrative adjudication hearing is an opportunity in which you may appear in front of a city-appointed officer and discuss the circumstances surrounding your Notice of Violation. You may schedule a hearing to contest the imposition of the civil penalty.
How much do I have to pay for an administrative adjudication hearing?According to the ordinance, a person who is found liable after an administrative hearing or who requests an administrative hearing and thereafter fails to appear at the time and place of the hearing is liable for administrative hearing costs in the amount of $50.00 in addition to the amount of the civil penalty assessed for the violation. A person who is found liable for a civil penalty after an administrative hearing shall pay the civil penalty and costs within ten (10) days of the determination of liability.

Can I schedule a hearing?You must schedule a hearing in writing. Sign the coupon located on the bottom back of your Notice of Violation and mail it to the address shown. The signed coupon must be mailed before the due date of your Notice of Violation. You will be notified by mail of the scheduled date and time for your hearing.

Under what circumstances can this notice be dismissed?The City of Humble Code of Ordinance No. 07-635 Sec. 5, Affirmative Defenses, defines 11 reasons that a Notice of Violation issued per Code 07-635 may be dismissed. The reasons are if:
  • The traffic-control signal was not in proper position and sufficiently legible to an ordinarily observant person;
  • The operator of the motor vehicle was acting in compliance with the lawful order or direction of a police officer;
  • The operator of the motor vehicle was part of a funeral procession;
  • The operator of the motor vehicle violated the instructions of the traffic-control signal so as to yield the right-of-way to an immediately approaching authorized emergency vehicle;
  • The motor vehicle was being operated as an authorized emergency vehicle under Chapter 546 of the Texas Transportation Code and that the operator was acting in compliance with that Chapter;
  • The motor vehicle was a stolen vehicle and being operated by a person other than the owner of the vehicle without the effective consent of the owner;
  • The license plate depicted in the recorded image of the violation was a stolen plate and being displayed on a motor vehicle other than the motor vehicle for which the plate had been issued;
  • The motor vehicle was leased, rented or otherwise in the care, custody or control of another person;
  • The presence of ice, snow, unusual amounts of rain or other unusually hazardous road conditions existed that would make compliance with this article and with the traffic-control signal more dangerous under the circumstances than noncompliance;
  • The owner was not the owner of the motor vehicle at the time of the violation; or
  • The owner was arrested, was issued a criminal citation and notice to appear or was issued a warning by a duly authorized peace officer for a violation of section 544.007(d) of the Texas Transportation Code recorded by the photographic traffic enforcement system.
If I disagree with the Adjudicative Hearing Officer's findings and want to appeal the decision, what do I do?You may appeal a liable decision by filing a notice of appeal and paying a non-refundable filing fee of $50.00, in person, with the Chief Clerk of the Municipal Courts within 31 days of the Hearing Officer's findings. Your fine amount must be paid in full before an appeal can be granted.

What is an appeal?Sec. 8. Appeal
A person who is found liable after a non-judicial administrative hearing may appeal that finding of liability to the municipal court of the City of Humble by filing a notice of appeal with the clerk of the municipal court. The notice of appeal must be filed in writing not later than the 31st day after the date on which the non-judicial administrative hearing officer enters the determination of liability and shall be accompanied by the payment of an appellate fee of fifty dollars and no cents (50.00). Unless the person on or before the filing of the notice of appeal, posts a bond in the amount of the civil penalty and any late fees, an appeal does not stay the enforcement of the civil penalty. An appeal shall be determined by the Municipal Court trial de novo. The affidavits submitted under 7.F shall be submitted to the municipal judge in the trial de novo, and the issues must be proved by a preponderance of the evidence.
How do I know that these violations are valid?Images of your vehicle were captured and recorded by an Automated Intersection Safety System. You can review your images and video of the actual occurrence online. The images and video were reviewed by several qualified technicians and finally by the Humble Police Department before the alleged civil infraction was affirmed and mailed to you as the registered owner or identified driver. You have the option of contesting the Notice of Violation by requesting in writing an administrative hearing, at which time you may discuss the validity of the images and video captured on the date and time detailed on the Notice of Violation.
Furlock Bones
AG
Red light cameras decrease safety. That is a fact. 4 second yellows increase safety.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.