Houston
Sponsored by

Speeding ticket lawyers

1,349 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by yeahtoast
Brother Mouzone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got an 80 in a 60 Monday. Guilty as sin.

Do these lawyers that send flyers in mail really get you off?
The Original AG 76
AG
Kubosh Law Firm
Brother Mouzone
AG
How much does it cost?
Captain Pablo
AG
quote:
Do these lawyers that send flyers in mail really get you off?

what does their flyer say?
CATAGBQ04
AG
Sullo & Sullo
spider96
AG
quote:
Sullo & Sullo

I've used them before with success.
Clarendon
I recommend calling someone in the back of he Houston Press if you want to get off.
Clarendon
Seriously, you can't do defensive or defered? I would ask for deferend by mail before I hired a lawyer. It takes five minutes to fill out the form or write a stupid letter to the judge. They give defered very easily these days. I can only imagine that you would have to pay a lawyer $200 or more and ther is no way defered on that ticket is more than $175 or so plus DD. I have had 6 speeding tickets in 2 years and none of them are on my record and I never hired a lawyer.

[This message has been edited by Clarendon (edited 1/22/2012 1:15a).]
Brother Mouzone
AG
i cant do defensive but i think i can do deferred
ATM9000
AG
Been a while since I got a lawyer for a ticket, but I've always gone with Sprecher and I think it is only like $100 a violation... much cheaper than a deferral and you'll usually avoid spending 6 or 7 hours doing DD which is worth WAY more then $100 in and or itself.

[This message has been edited by ATM9000 (edited 1/22/2012 9:40a).]
george07
AG
Paul Kubosh is $75, and I've used him successfully 3 times. Much cheaper than deferred and you don't have to worry about being on probation for 3 months.
Brother Mouzone
AG
so you just pay him and he gets it dismissed? Do you have to go to trial?

Does he just postpone for so long hoping the cop wont show up?
TJaggie14
AG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwWAsNZTnug
ATM9000
AG
When I've used one they usually reset your date to a few months later, you show up, sit in court for an hour or so and then somehow you get dismissed
The Original AG 76
AG
Go with Paul Kubosh, he's also the guy who helped rid Houston of the red-light camera scam....
digging tunnels
AG
how does the whole concept work of these speeding ticket lawyers?
Zeke1995
AG
Good experiences woth David Sprecher.
randy828
AG
I am going with Sprecher...my original court date was Jan 13, I went to Sprecher in Dec, gave the $100, got a letter in the mail around Jan 10 that my court date was rescheduled to June...I am supposed to appear in court.
PetroAg87
AG
I've used David R. Lee for a couple of tickets. $75 and he's been able to get them dismissed every time for me without a trial.

http://www.thatticketattorney.com/

How these guys work? As near as I can tell, it simply is recognition that no one actually wants to take one of these cases to trial and tie up a courtroom for the afternoon. The city doesn't really care about the crime and punishment aspect as much as they do the money side of the equation unless there is something especially egregious about your ticket. But once they see that you have an attorney and are willing to go to trial, the prospect of easy money disappears. At that point, it is a lot easier for them to dismiss and move on to the 98% or so who don't bother fighting their tickets.

[This message has been edited by PetroAg87 (edited 1/23/2012 9:07a).]
george07
AG
In my experience, the cop has shown up every time, but somehow it still gets dismissed. 2 out of the 3 times my ticket was from the traffic enforcement division in a speed trap, and it still got dismissed. I had to sit in court for 7 or 8 hours though before it got resolved.
AggieDave02
AG
I used Villasana, and they got me out of two citations on the same ticket. Booyah!
yeahtoast
AG
Can't say enough about Sprecher.

They'll probably delay the hearing again to a Friday morning. Show up looking upstanding, just in case and get in/out in ~2 hours.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.