Houston
Sponsored by

ez tag vs. tx tag

34,212 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 13 yr ago by WundreLlama
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
other 10 bucks for txtag and 15 for the eztag, what's the difference these days.
tamulax33
AG
IIRC EZ tag works in other cities like the TX tag. I have the NTTA tolltag (Dallas' version) and it works everywhere (except my company's garage).

from the Txtag.org website:

quote:
Can I use my Dallas TollTag or Houston EZ TAG in TxTag Lanes?
Yes. Dallas TollTags and Houston EZ TAGs work in toll lanes that display the TxTag logo throughout the state. Be sure to keep all of your account information current to avoid potential fees.
tamulax33
AG
one thing that I love about my Dallas version is that it isn't a sticker (it is held on by velcro strips). So it is transferable between two cars if you don't use it that often.

TXAG 05
AG
There isn't any difference
Jack Klompus
AG
The minimum payment you must pay once your account goes below the $10 threshold. For EZ Tag, it's $40; for TX Tag, it's $20.
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
TxTAG, EZ Tag, and TollTags are all inter-operable with each other. There's really no discernible difference between any of the three.

EDIT: No difference at least in the operation of the three... for the financials, see above.

[This message has been edited by Anagrammatic Nudist (edited 3/21/2011 12:34p).]
BigPuma
AG
you can get your EZ Tag today at the EZ Tag store, whereas i think you have to mail off for the txtag?
lexofer
AG
quote:
one thing that I love about my Dallas version is that it isn't a sticker (it is held on by velcro strips). So it is transferable between two cars if you don't use it that often.

I don't know how things work in Dallas but in Houston the EZ Tag is only good for one vehicle. Apparently quite often the tag doesn't get read and they have to go from a photo of the license plate. Only one plate number is matched to each toll tag and if your plate isn't in their database you get a fine plus the normal fee. Also they don't send you this fine until you get at least three violations. So when I got a new license plate a couple of years ago and didn't put it in their database right away I got $45 in fines for what should have been $3 in tolls. When I called them to explain that I had an EZ Tag they told me tough ****, I was responsible for keeping my license plate updated on their file, and they weren't responsible for their machine not reading my EZ Tag. You'll run into the same situation if you put the tag in a car not on their database.
tamulax33
AG
quote:
You'll run into the same situation if you put the tag in a car not on their database.
That is reason #1,567,043 why I hate EZ Tag. If you get a fine from NTTA, you just call them up and say here is my Tolltag number and they say thank you and goodbye. My next problem is the fact that thy have only 3 EZ tag lanes and 5-7 pay lanes... seems like a big problem in my eyes.

Perhaps you didn't put up a fight. I certainly would have.

Pahdz
Do eztags work at dfw airport? For a time they did not
redag06
TxTag is free! Wait 3 days receive it in the mail. Eztag-15 bucks and can pick it up right away.
TefIon Don
AG
Damn, wish I would have known that TxTag is free vs EzTag.
WundreLlama
AG
I originally went with the eztag because of its IAH parking abilities.

They cancelled that program not long after I got it...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.