Houston
Sponsored by

In wall tube pest control

7,495 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 14 yr ago by MrJonMan
CheladaAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a few year old house. The home builder uses a in wall pest control tubes from HomeTeam service which we've been using the last couple of years. So far we haven't been very pleased with the service and was considering using another pest control service but wasn't sure if they could still use our in wall tubes. Anyone in the know? Thanks
MrJonMan
AG
I'm not 100% positive, but I'm pretty sure that only Home Team can service those....and you need to expand on what you haven't been happy about with the service, because I know I have never heard anything but bad things about the in the wall systems.

[This message has been edited by MrJonMan (edited 7/23/2009 10:17p).]
Samuel E. Cronkowitz
AG
I have one of these "systems", too. I think i remember them saying it was for termites, but i guess it could be for "pests" in general?

Either way, im gonna have to call a pest guy soon, too.

How much does it typically cost to get a pest guy to do whatever he does? And how long does it last?
FtBendTxAg
AG
as an ex employee of 2 homebuilders, I can tell you that HomeTeam pest control systems are MOST DEFINITELY marketing/selling ploys. Not very effective....

[This message has been edited by FtBendTxAg (edited 7/23/2009 10:08p).]
MrJonMan
AG
As you can see in my posts, my company is a sponsor....give our office a ring and we can help you out. Make sure and mention that you got the number off the A&M forums, so that you get the discount.
Samuel E. Cronkowitz
AG
just generally speaking, what are the costs?

I know theres a ton of variables, but what is the generic range?

Should i expect $20, $100, $1,000?
aggiedent
AG
We have an in wall system and yes, Home Team is the only provider who can service them.

Of course the system is a bit of a marketing gimmick. I'm surprised to hear a former builder say they are not effective because Home Team never implied than the in wall tubes are an end all be all.

They still spray around the house and in the weep holes. Place baits in the attic, etc. The tubes are just part of the system.

I'll say this for them. I've never had a cockroach, ant, or spider in my house. Not many people can say that.
agjag06
AG
I have the Pest-Tubes system. I pay $73 every two months for filling the tubes and whatever other little things it is that they do.
MrJonMan
AG
Quarterly pest service for TexAgs is $69.50 + tax, which includes all the common pests; roaches, spiders, fire ants, silver fish, ect. It is inside and outside (perimeter) the home and garage, and warrantied for 60 days.

We've been in business for 29 years and would love the chance to earn another customer.
CATAGBQ04
AG
^ You service the Heights?
SJEAg
AG
Builder put an in-wall system into my last house. I thought about using it, but got turned off after the constant harassment to sign up by hometeam as soon as we moved in. Happy enough using a local pest co...sounds like it's a lot cheaper. And if I recall, the tube aspect doesn't do anything against termites.
Samuel E. Cronkowitz
AG
MrJonMan- Ill be giving you a call next week.
Mailinator1892
We have the in-wall system and ended cancelling our service with them because bugs kept popping up. Since we got the new pest control, team not a bug can be found in the house.
Bootstrap
quote:
In wall tube...

Is that something like a glory hole?
SWATAG
quote:
Is that something like a glory hole?

It's exactly like a glory hole just more sterile
RK
AG
MrJon, i was just in the market for a pets control dude. sorry i didn't know you were in the biz...i certainly would have called you.
MrJonMan
AG
CATAGBQ...

yes we service the heights, we pretty much service from The Woodlands all the way down to Sugar Land areas.

Ragin...

No apologies necessary...
akaggie
AG
I have the tubing and use Home Team. In the four years that we've used them, I really can't complain. It is $73 every three months (they come out once a quarter), but if you ever have an issue (like ants, spiders, etc.) they will come out and spray again without any charge.
UFCAggie99
I just go buy a ten dollar ortho pest control gallon spray bottle at home depot for $10. Does the entire interior/exterior perimeter. No pests after that.
Bootstrap
quote:
...a ten dollar ortho pest control gallon spray bottle at home depot for $10...

Yea, but how much does it cost?
CheladaAg
AG
I always thought those ten dollar ortho gallons were $9.99?

But in all seriousness...

MrJonMan, I'd like to take advantage of the aggie network however I feel it would be a diservice to not use my in wall tubes.

[This message has been edited by boyz05 (edited 7/25/2009 3:35p).]
GoneGirl
AG
MrJonMan,

We've moved from Cypress. Do you guys do Summerwood (Humble/Atascocita area)?

We'd definitely want to sign up... Our house was empty from about September to June. We have a definite spider problem. Luckily, the spiders have been taking care of the other bugs, but I'd rather opt out of the bio-control and get rid of them all.
MrJonMan
AG
unfortunately, that's probably a little out of our area, but let me know where you actually live, like subdivision and I will figure it out for sure. Because we service Fall Creek, which is technically Humble....
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.