Houston
Sponsored by

Vasectomy referrals...

3,532 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by OCEN99
Anagrammatic Nudist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have a Dr. they would recommend? I'm just starting to think about doing this and would like to go to a reputable doc...
BCOBQ98
AG
Noooooo! Sorry that wasn't productive.

Personally I will let the wife have the 3rd kid she wants and while she is having the c-section they can tie the tubes...There done!
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
quote:
I will let the wife have the 3rd kid she wants

One problem... wife doesn't want the 3rd kid... we should have thought about this during the C-section for baby #2, especially after what I've read about the vasectomy procedures. DEAR.GOD. Almost vomited this morning.
flipper
Don't be a *****.
agnatgas
AG
Andy Selzman
915 Gessner #720
Houston, TX 77024
(713) 830-9100

Never seen Andy professionally, but he's a neighbor and good guy.
Quantum ace
AG
She had a c-section, and reading about the vasectomy procedure almost makes you vomit?
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
You think I actually watched the c-section??
Jess96
AG
I see you live in Spring.

http://www.northwoodsurology.com/

Dr. John Giannakis

Schedule it for a Friday before a big sports weekend and spend the entire time on the couch.

Don't be a cry baby about it - especially since your wife had a C-section. At least no one is pushing a crying newborn in your face every 3 hours while you are recovering from a vasectomy.
BCOBQ98
AG
I watched both c-sections. Pretty cool, they didn't want me to as they thought I would pass out but I told them it's just like guttin a deer right?

Um tell that to my buddy who had both his vas differences explode. My wifes uncle told me not to do it as things just weren't the same. I ain't letting nobody mess with the plumbing!
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
A vas deferens explosion?!? That's it. Not doing it. I'll take an accidental 3rd, 4th, even 12th kid before risking a vas deferens explosion.

Thanks for all the input... thread's over as far as I'm concerned.
MattGigEm
AG
Wow, AN is getting no love on this thread and someone needs to balance it out.

I applaud you for making the gentlemanly choice. It is nice of you not to have your wife take artificial hormones in the form of birth control pills. It is nice of you to get a vasectomy because that is much less invasive than getting her tubes tied.

For those women on here belittling what he is going to go through you need to understand men are much more attached to their manhood than women are to their fallopian tubes.

Also if his wife recently had a kid then there is a good chance someone will be pushing a newborn on him every three hours while he tries to recover.

In addition there are things that can and often do go wrong. To the women on this thread that have flippantly dismissed his concerns feel free to visit this site:
(AN, DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK)
http://dontfixit.org/

Pot stirred?
flipper
I'm not belittling. I just think most men are *******.
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
Matt... the irony... me getting no love is exactly what caused me to post this thread to begin with.
proudag88
quote:
Dr. John Giannakis

Schedule it for a Friday before a big sports weekend and spend the entire time on the couch.

Don't be a cry baby about it - especially since your wife had a C-section. At least no one is pushing a crying newborn in your face every 3 hours while you are recovering from a vasectomy.

I had this same doctor perform mine about 6 weeks ago. I won't go into too many details but I was one of the "lucky" ones who ended up with an issue that happens to less that 5% of patients who have this surgery. Dr. Giannakis came highly recommended so all I am saying is that bad things can happen with any doctor. If you do have it done, be very careful and follow doctors orders.
MattGigEm
AG
Don't be a cry baby about it Proudag and Don't be a *****.
Jess96
AG
I'm sorry to hear that, ProudAg. He is a really great doctor. That sucks that you had issues.
TexAgsQuarterback
Dr. John Giannakis

He did some surgery on my kidneys to remove an obstruction. Everything turned out pretty well.
zap
AG
Why surgery? Just pull out or wear a condom...

C5Aggie03
AG
^
|
|
|
|

listen to this guy, he seems to know what he is talking about. (sarcasm like a mutha ****a)
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Dr. Matt Hoggatt
www.houstonurology.com

I've known him for 31 years this Monday and would recommend him to anybody interested.
The Original AG 76
AG
Second on Selzman at Memorial Urology

Did my cancer surgery, well respected actually has a personality and a great bedside manner.

Another option is Dr Mobley.
XpressAg09
AG
So, just for funsies...bump.

Anyone have any more recent recommendations, perhaps in the NW Houston/Spring/Woodlands area.

Asking for a friend.
Post removed:
by user
Liquid Wrench
SpreadsheetAg
AG
XpressAg09 said:

Anyone have any more recent recommendations, perhaps in the NW Houston/Spring/Woodlands area.

Asking for a friend.
I went to Steve Sukin in Tomball, nice new facility.

1 consult, then in & out same day on next visit. Buy a jock strap for post op. Also, not to scare you but despite local anesthesia it feels like that pain you get after (if) you ever really knocked your balls hard - that dull nauseous pain. Not quite as sharp but definitely uncomfortable. Luckily the whole thing lasts about 10 minutes and the Doc tells you step by step what he's doing so there's no surprises.
The Original AG 76
AG
or just watch the VIEW every morning , or tape it and watch when you get home. 15 minutes of watching those fugly sea hags will do it for any normal male. GUARANTEED to kill every male urge and reproductive cell within 75 yards of the viewing area....
Of course your IQ will fall by 87%..witness the types how actually watch that crap...but..at least no scissors !
Gus
AG
What spreadsheet said is accurate. It was a bit uncomfortable during the procedure, that night and next day but tolerable. Just keep the cold bag of peas on it, wear a jockstrap and lay in bed watching football most of the weekend.

I didn't have any "issues" but some there were some"side" effects. Prior to surgery I enjoyed playing and watching sports, working out, fishing, drinking beer, hanging with my buddies, being messy, meat on the grill, etc. Now, I enjoy long, quiet walks, cleaning the house, making sandwiches, watching the Hallmark channel, shopping (in expensive stores vs online at Academy), became a vegan, don't see my buddies much and became more "moody" in general.

So you you see, there really is no reason to worry.

Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Do they give you your balls back, or do they keep them?
Mert2003
AG
OP - You need to head to Dr. Boon over at www.boonurology.com

Here's the thing, it's not really the procedure you need to look into, but the pre / post visits. I don't know about you, but I'd rather this experience to be a one and done type of thing. Dr. Boon (Baylol grad ~ late 30s) does not require a consult visit, does not use a scalpel and (BIG WINNER) does not require the follow up (READ: Walk of shame) sperm check visits.

Instead your experience will go like this:
  • Show up for your procedure about 10 mins early and check-in
  • Meet Dr. Boon, start procedure (talk sports yada yada yada for 10mins or so)
  • Procedure ends, you walk out after being there a total of 60-80mins
  • 3 & 6 mo's later you use your at-home "chemistry set" sperm check tester (literally just like a women's pee test) and text back your results to a phone number
  • Your done!

No previous consult time and no post procedure awkward office visit.

BTW - I have a PPO (BCBS) plan and I went out of pocket $109.00 for the entire thing.

Also - I had my procedure at noon on a Thursday, was back at work the next day AND THEN drove to Blue Bell Park (sat in the grass mind you) and watched the Ags destory Ole Miss that Friday night in the final series of the year.
Jack Cheese
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

XpressAg09 said:

Asking for a friend.

1 consult, then in & out same day on next visit. Buy a jock strap for post op. Also, not to scare you but despite local anesthesia it feels like that pain you get after (if) you ever really knocked your balls hard - that dull nauseous pain. Not quite as sharp but definitely uncomfortable. Luckily the whole thing lasts about 10 minutes and the Doc tells you step by step what he's doing so there's no surprises.

Sukin is a good guy. My ball-snip was more painful than what you describe. It varies. Honestly, maybe I'm a poon but I almost passed out and made him take a break for a couple of minutes. Just a lot of tugging on my inner plumbing.

Afterwards was no big deal.

Been having wild unfettered sex with my sweet bride ever since.
OCEN99
AG
Jack Cheese said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

XpressAg09 said:

Asking for a friend.

Sukin is a good guy. My ball-snip was more painful than what you describe. It varies. Honestly, maybe I'm a poon but I almost passed out and made him take a break for a couple of minutes. Just a lot of tugging on my inner plumbing.

Afterwards was no big deal.

Been having wild unfettered sex with my sweet bride ever since.
I used Matthew Hogan in The Woodlands and had a similar experience. He did up the anesthesia for me after I called for a break, and it was smooth sailing after that.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.