Metroplex
Sponsored by

Buying Steel

2,185 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by big ben
big ben
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DFW peeps, what is the best place around the metroplex to buy steel plate, angle, rod, etc.? Especially places that have a "cut off" or "bone pile" you can pick from and buy by the pound. I went by my old go to Garland Steel the other day and no longer allow that and orders have to be made the previous day in order to pick up. I live near Las Colinas area but work all over.
AgBQ-00
AG
There is a steel place out around Saginaw. We used to go get steel plate from them at a previous employer. Will see if I can find the name.

ETA: It was Norton Metals.
DallasAggie89
AG
nm
CS4LIFE
My Aggie '20 son works for Samuel Son & Co.
2303 Century Center Blvd, Irving, TX 800-441-0797
No idea of they can help but they are only 10 mins from LC.
ItsA&InotA&M
A few years ago I bought various drop offs (?) from Liberty, a division of Commercial Metals.
At the time, they were located on Singleton, east of Loop 12 in West Dallas.
Zjones920
Romar Supply should have all of that
Springtown12
AG
Where are you located? If west of the metroplex, then there is Phillips Welding Supply in Weatherford or Lowery's Metals in Paradise that are good places.
big ben
AG
O'Connor / 114 area, so all those seem like good options, thanks!
AgCMT
AG
Most scrap yards will allow you to purchase steel. They have all of the steel separated and typically charge you by the pound. It's a cheap way to buy it.
ghollow
AG
I have been using Fulton Metal in Denton for 20 years. They are great people to deal with.
So the greatest civilization is one where all citizens are equally armed and can only be persuaded, never forced. It removes force from the equation... and that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act.
AW 1880
AG
If you're on the east side try Greenville Steel.
aggolfer
AG
Vitz metals in Anna. Not sure if they will let you buy scrap though.
AG
lately I just use online metals and will call it at the grand prarie location or metal supermarket and have it delivered if its too big to fit in the car

it costs more than digging through drop and recycled stuff, but at least I know what it is and dont end up with some potmetal junk that wont machine or weld
big ben
AG
Vitz metals in Anna. Not sure if they will let you buy scrap though.

Was in the area a month ago and stopped in,, they had everything I needed and I stocked up, I'll check out the others, thanks everyone.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.