Metroplex
Sponsored by

1 in 3 murder suspects in Dallas released on bail

3,091 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bocephus
Keeper of The Spirits
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Which of the officers rights were infringed? I am unfamiliar with the case. I agree no reason for the state to infringe on anyones rights
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Yes you are right, crime is not significantly up but reporting has also changed. Anecdotally police response to said crime has changed in light of anti cop/defund sentiment. For instance in Austin there are numerous stories of folks waiting 45 mins or more to intruder in the house calls. We had friends where the cops showed up and refused to even restrain the meth head smashing out their windows
Bocephus
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

Yes you are right, crime is not significantly up but reporting has also changed. Anecdotally police response to said crime has changed in light of anti cop/defund sentiment. For instance in Austin there are numerous stories of folks waiting 45 mins or more to intruder in the house calls. We had friends where the cops showed up and refused to even restrain the meth head smashing out their windows

Doesn't surprise me in Austin. The DA there is horrendous.
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
Bocephus
AG

Which of the officers rights were infringed? I am unfamiliar with the case. I agree no reason for the state to infringe on anyones rights

Police officer was just arrested for aggravated assault after the complainant signed an affidavit of non-prosecution. Current Dallas DA charged two officers with aggravated assault without complainants, knowing that's a violation of their 6th amendment rights. He doesn't care.
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
So question here, that I'd like preface with agree it sounds like the officer's rights are being infringed and I disagree with that.

If I previously felt victimized by the police, then I was assaulted by those same police, how likely am I to complain, especially if I lack the resources to defend/represent myself.

I agree that no arrest should be made but it does warrant additional information similar to a battered spouse who refuses to press charges.
Bocephus
AG

So question here, that I'd like preface with agree it sounds like the officer's rights are being infringed and I disagree with that.

If I previously felt victimized by the police, then I was assaulted by those same police, how likely am I to complain, especially if I lack the resources to defend/represent myself.

I agree that no arrest should be made but it does warrant additional information similar to a battered spouse who refuses to press charges.

In this case the complainant was another officer. You cannot take a case to trial without a statement from a victim saying they were assaulted. Same goes for family violence even when we have sworn affidavits from them saying they were assaulted. A lot of those cases get dropped.

People complain about the police every day. Baseless or not, they still get investigated.
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.