Metroplex
Sponsored by

Ft Worth Recs

6,395 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Streetfighter 02
Mr Gigem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Drinks
Thompson's Bookstore
The Usual
Proper
Grand Cru
Cru in Clearfork

Food
Simply Fondue
Il Modo
TreMogli
Wabi House
Cafe Bella
Heim
B&B in Clearfork

That's just off the top of my head
94chem
No mention of Riscky's?

I used to walk over to Kincaids in the 80's after mowing the yard at Calvary Bible Church. They still had a little grocery store, and you had to eat the burgers standing up at the counter. It was something like $4 for a 2/3 lb hamburger.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
ftworthag02
AG
Nope. Can't remember the last time I went to Risckys
Streetfighter 02
AG
Been trying to forget, myself.
ftworthag02
AG
next you're going to say your favorite mexican restaurant is Mexican Inn
94chem
Streetfighter 02 said:

Been trying to forget, myself.

Didn't say it was the best, but with a family, sometimes you can't go for the $50/lb brisket. At the end of the day, it's a $2/lb meat that was made edible by poor Eastern Europeans, Jews, southern blacks, and Mexicans. Remembering that with a loaf of Wonder bread is okay too.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
94chem
ftworthag02 said:

next you're going to say your favorite mexican restaurant is Mexican Inn

No, but I used to hit the to-go tacos, 4/$1.29 I think, pretty hard at the Pancho's on East Lancaster when I was in high school.
94chem,
94chem
Growing up in Fort Worth, one of the best things about it was that it wasn't Dallas. Y'all haven't done gone and ruined it, have you?
94chem,
Streetfighter 02
AG
I'm legally and morally obligated to speak well about Los Vaqueros only. All other Mexican food in Fort Worth is trash.
mosdefn14
AG
Riskys is just above edible. Railhead is cheaper and roughly oh 9 times better.
Streetfighter 02
AG
When I think about old school Ft Worth BBQ spots Riscky's never comes to mind. Angelo's and Railhead are affordable and have cold ass schooners of beer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.