Metroplex
Sponsored by

North Texas Drought

80,285 Views | 800 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by riverrataggie
riverrataggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
These are nice rains the past several days. Good soaking ones that help get out of the drought conditions.
Decay
AG
Not only do I really have to mow the yard but it didn't rain since yesterday morning so it's not going to be too messy out there. I'm pretty happy with my yard right now!
YouBet
AG
Decay said:

Not only do I really have to mow the yard but it didn't rain since yesterday morning so it's not going to be too messy out there. I'm pretty happy with my yard right now!
Ours bounced completely back. Looks like spring again. Just wild.
Decay
AG
YouBet said:

Decay said:

Ours bounced completely back. Looks like spring again. Just wild.

Same! Amazing how quick it bounces back. I can tell a few spots in the backyard where it probably died out but I also don't water as much back there.
YouBet
AG
Bizarre little pop up storm just sitting over our house for last 20 minutes or so. Developed out of thin air.
planoaggie123
AG
Another good rain here in Plano; however, some tiny pea size hail.

Extremely windy.
bert harbinson
AG
Wow, nice little storm going.
riverrataggie
AG
Wow. Had to evacuate the pool. The wind and hail, this is crazy. I didn't think there was a chance of rain.
752bro4
AG
Quarter sized hail and pretty intense flooding in NDallas. Power flashed 3-4x. ThisIsFine.jpg
riverrataggie
AG
752bro4 said:

Quarter sized hail and pretty intense flooding in NDallas. Power flashed 3-4x. ThisIsFine.jpg

Same. Power went out for two minutes here and then came back on. Never seen that before.

AT&T is also down here. That's a first. Weird storm.
FDXAg
AG
Wow that was nuts!

Intense wind and rain in NW Fort Worth about 30 min ago. Seemed to come out of nowhere. Had to be 70+ mph gusts. Lots of fences down in neighborhood and tree limbs everywhere. Was just finishing up mowing when it hit. Rain first, so I was able to quickly edge the front and get inside about time the worst hit.

dvldog
AG
So I shouldn't have put out preemergent this morning? Next time I'll save the money and wash my car.
752bro4
AG
Staff - can we rename this thread now? Thx
wangus12
AG
Peasize hail up in McKinney and heavy rain earlier
Scriffer
AG
About 30 minutes of heavy rain in NW Dallas thankfully work no hail. I did a poor man's dethatching on a big dead spot in my yard earlier today, so hopefully this helps Jumpstart it back
Quinn
AG
riverrataggie
AG
Wow. That's nuts. This storm reminded me of that one random June storm that hit East Dallas with 80 mph winds
Decay
AG
You saw the camera pan to the right like "come on number three"
dave94
AG
Most of Lower Greenville out of power, and some of the neighborhoods around it
FTAco07
AG
That's about 100 yards from my old house. Hope they had good builder's risk insurance.
Danny Vermin
Still out of power in Lakewood. It's been out since 3:30
FTAco07
AG
Where are you? We lost a tree branch, but never lost power in Lakewood.
Danny Vermin
On Columbia and Munger area.
Duncan Idaho
Danny Vermin said:

On Columbia and Munger area.

M streets is dark. Somehow I still have power but the other side of the street is dark.
FTAco07
AG
As a former old east Dallas resident, power was much spottier at my place there than it seems to be in Lakewood (barring a tree falling on a line)
riverrataggie
AG
Hillbrook and southridge checking in. Ours went out for 2-3 minutes but then came back on
Duncan Idaho
Oh the neighborhood is full of broken tree limbs.

Bad thing is the 96 yr old across the street is sitting in the dark. I brought her dinner and a battery powered lantern. Hope it stays cool enough that I won't have to hook up my generator and portable ac for her. She is too stubborn to have out at my place
bagger05
AG
https://www.instagram.com/p/CiGo9HoLN0M/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
YouBet
AG
We used to lose power with one cloud in the sky back when we lived in Hollywood Santa Monica.
drewser95
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Bad thing is the 96 yr old across the street is sitting in the dark. I brought her dinner and a battery powered lantern. Hope it stays cool enough that I won't have to hook up my generator and portable ac for her. She is too stubborn to have out at my place
Good man.

Had some big pecan limbs (6-9" diameter) bounce off the roof of my 90+ yr old bungalow near Skillman & Richmond. Looks like I have at least one cracked rafter. Still no power as of 8:30pm when I evacuated (i.e., went to get dinner somewhere with A/C).
clobby
AG
Neighbor had a huge tree break and crush his gate
Danny Vermin
I did not get the power back on until sometime between 6 and 7 this morning.
bagger05
AG
Ours is still out
Danny Vermin
That's sucks, man. For some reason I didn't have internet either the entire time.
clobby
AG
still out on the m streets. 1 block on my street has power.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.