Metroplex
Sponsored by

Lake Highlands 4th of July Parade and Carnival

1,224 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aviationag
Ol Jock 99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You East Dallas types come out to the annual Exchange Club of LH 4th of July Parade and Carnival. It will be on Church Rd heading west towards the High School, and the carnival is in front of the Rec Center. Parade starts at 9, but parking is always crazy, so get there a little early. I'll be working Cub Scout stuff this year, so say hi to the tall guy in the stylish tan & green uniform.

Advocate Story about the event
powerbelly
AG
Always a good time.
oldag941
AG
This is one of the great parts that makes up Lake Highland's "small town in a large city" !! Great for families with a "carnival" at the end. Over by noon, before it gets too hot. Organized and run by the community FOR the community.
Red Rover
AG
Bump. If I'm able to be in town, I'll also be wearing tan and green. I'm really excited that the carnival is coming back! The kids loved it!
Ol Jock 99
AG
Bumping up that half page.
aviationag
AG
Hey, I saw you! I was in the Light Up Lake Highlands truck. I kept thinking that the DFW A&M club should have had a float! Great way to get all the kids thinking in the right direction!

AggieFactor
AG
Little one had a great time this morning before the heat got the better of her. Would have preferred a giant contingent of USA flags leading the parade instead of the 10-15 Ukraine flags but it is LH so didn't really surprise me. No issue with them in the parade itself, just not leading it.
J.P. 03
AG
Kiddos and I had an awesome time as always. Excellent work by all y'all who had a hand in putting it together.
Ol Jock 99
AG
We tossed around having the high school principal or the latest c-list local celeb be Grand Marshall, but decided having folks from a country fighting for their literal existence was a pretty nice idea for America's birthday. As you can see, they marched with both Ukrainian and American flags. I can also tell you several older Ukrainians were moved to tears by folks positive reactions.

Normally the parade is led in by several fire trucks, but they were all booked for DFFR's 150th birthday celebration downtown.

Happy 4th All!

Red Rover
AG
I hope the guy in the eagle costume and motorized skateboard got some fluids! Him motoring around all the floats was a nice touch.

Thanks to the folks at Fire rescue Station 57 for allowing my youngest to question them for an hour. I think he may have asked every question ever asked.
aviationag
AG
Red Rover said:

I hope the guy in the eagle costume and motorized skateboard got some fluids! Him motoring around all the floats was a nice touch.

Thanks to the folks at Fire rescue Station 57 for allowing my youngest to question them for an hour. I think he may have asked every question ever asked.
He was fantastic! Everyone loved him!

I was in Red River last year and their parade was great; one jeep had the A&M logo and was playing the FTAB. This was my first Lake Highlands parade and it was fantastic. I vowed to buy a lot more candy for next year's float.

And we loved having the Ukrainian group lead the parade. Truly aligned with our own fight for self-governance. I said a prayer of thanksgiving today for the brave men who signed our Declaration and for all those who have fought and died for our freedom.

Happy Independence Day!

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.