Metroplex
Sponsored by

Robert Earl Keen - Saturday

2,943 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Texas Ag Mom
BoomGoesThe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Candiru
AG
…was great!
BoDog
AG
yeah I heard his show attendances are a fraction of what they used to be after he went woke and lib'd out.
jsdaltxag
BoDog said:

yeah I heard his show attendances are a fraction of what they used to be after he went woke and lib'd out.
WRONG.

It was a great show.
Ag CPA
AG
BoDog said:

WTF are you talking about?
dallasag_123
psst....he was always a liberal. Just like the majority of country artists.
Hincemm
AG
this thread delivers. i feel like so f16 adjacent
Proposition Joe
It's rumored that "Road Goes On Forever" was written specifically for Biden's Build Back Better and that his other song was originally Merry XMas From the Family but his label forced him to put the Christ back in Christmas against his wishes.
tejas_ayanem
Wish TexAgs would let you block people who have a majority of their posts from a certain board.
BoDog
AG
jsdaltxag said:

BoDog said:

WRONG.

It was a great show.
May or may not been a great show... I am sure it was fine. His ticket sales though support my argument.
Demasiado
AG
BoDog said:

jsdaltxag said:

BoDog said:

WRONG.

It was a great show.
May or may not been a great show... I am sure it was fine. His ticket sales though support my argument.

How does one find out how much rek's ticket sales are? But let's just suppose his ticket sales are lower than expected. There are hundreds of reasons other than politics as to why they could be lower than expected- aging fan base, shows every other day, covid etc, but guess that doesn't fit into your preconceived notion
BoDog
AG
Demasiado said:

BoDog said:

jsdaltxag said:

BoDog said:

WRONG.

It was a great show.

How does one find out how much rek's ticket sales are? But let's just suppose his ticket sales are lower than expected. There are hundreds of reasons other than politics as to why they could be lower than expected- aging fan base, shows every other day, covid etc, but guess that doesn't fit into your preconceived notion
I know someone pretty dialed in at Wasserman (booking agency). Just stating facts, my friend. Not interested in arguing semantics.
walton91
Is your friend tracking ticket sale splits before and after REK "went woke and lib'd out"? I'd like to see that spreadsheet
powerbelly
AG
walton91 said:

Is your friend tracking ticket sale splits before and after REK "went woke and lib'd out"? I'd like to see that spreadsheet

Hasn't he always been a lib?
Hincemm
AG
BoDog said:

Demasiado said:

BoDog said:

jsdaltxag said:

BoDog said:

WRONG.

It was a great show.

I know someone pretty dialed in at Wasserman (booking agency). Just stating facts, my friend. Not interested in arguing semantics.
cough *bullsh* cough
BoomGoesThe
This cracks me up. Not one person posting here was interested in buying the below face value tickets I was offering, but y'all are interested in arguing his politics.
The Pilot
AG
BoomGoesThe said:

This cracks me up. Not one person posting here was interested in buying the below face value tickets I was offering, but y'all are interested in arguing his politics.
Welcome to America!
Demasiado
AG
The op was edited to nada by the time I saw this thread
Proposition Joe
BoDog said:

Demasiado said:

BoDog said:

jsdaltxag said:

BoDog said:

WRONG.

It was a great show.

I'd love you to post show attendances "before he went woke and lib'd out" and after.

Go check out prices for REK's last two shows in Helotes.

Then ask your buddy at Wasserman the last time Robert Earl Keen commanded a ticket price above $250 to see his show.

Here's a hint - it's never.
BoDog
AG
Proposition Joe said:

BoDog said:

Demasiado said:

BoDog said:

jsdaltxag said:

BoDog said:

WRONG.

It was a great show.

I'd love you to post show attendances "before he went woke and lib'd out" and after.

Go check out prices for REK's last two shows in Helotes.

Then ask your buddy at Wasserman the last time Robert Earl Keen commanded a ticket price above $250 to see his show.

Here's a hint - it's never.
You are seriously using John T Flore's as you example? The place seats freakin 800 PEOPLE INSIDE (4000 total)-not to mention its hotter than hell outside. People were paying north of $200 in the mid 90s for the recording of No. 2 Live Dinner.

You proved my point. Try harder next time.
BoDog
AG
I have seen frat parties with bigger turnouts!
Proposition Joe
Its an outside show.
Proposition Joe
Oh, and he has also almost sold out Billy Bobs table seating for Sept despite playing FW just last month.

Is he some mega country draw? No. Not sure he ever really was all that relevant outside of Texas. And he's playing every podunk town on the map this final go-round, at mostly Livenation venues so its a $50 ticket instead of a "$10 and a canned good at the hall of fame".

If sales are lacking, its because demand was never really there at this volume and price - not some imagined outrage over his political views that no one outside of the people who obsess over that stuff really care about.
Killin Me Smalls
AG
I saw him at Cain's in Tulsa at the end of May. Show was great and appeared to be nearly full house.

40-something years on tour has definitely taken a toll on him though. He looks/acts 10 years older than he is.
Ag CPA
AG
I think he lost it when he went full-blown Santa Claus with a Stetson 10 years ago.
Texas Ag Mom
I saw him this weekend at Whitewater. Show was good although he remained seated thru the show. I have tickets for Gruene Hall in Aug but we probably won't go but we will see him at Billy Bobs.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.