Metroplex
Sponsored by

So who's our resident bee removal expert in the DFW area?

1,175 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by gvine07
mts6175
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Because I'm pretty sure I have a hive that's moved into my house! Lots of bees entering around the soffit/fascia on the front of my house. Need a removal company to come and inspect.
GaryClare
AG
Apparently the law requires honey bees to be relocated. That is expensive - $700 to 800 if it is an easy job. Other bees can be exterminated, which is less expensive.

Honey Bees - 214.577.9562. Ryan
Other bees - call ABC Pest or any pest control company

If they are honey bees it is more of a process. They remove the hive to get the queen and the babies. Once those are gone the worker bees will no longer be interested in the site. You do have to leave the site open so neighboring bee colonies will scavenge the residue honey. Skipping that process will introduce pests that will come to get the honey. After 7 to 10 sunny days the honey will be gone. Then you seal up the void and the access point to the void and you will be good.
TMan86
AG
I had this happen to me 20 years ago. I can't recall who we used back then but I do remember there were only three providers in Dallas at the time. One of them was a complete wack job. If you have attempted to do anything with the hive on your own just don't mention it to anyone.

Lastly, be prepared to deal with a honey mess for weeks afterwards if the people you hire are unable to eradicate the entire hive. Without the bees working the hive, the honey just drips off the remaining hive and like water finds its way to the lowest point. Just at a much slower and messier pace.

It was such a hassle that to this day every few months I do an inspection of the roof line to ensure there isn't a small opening for bees to get in. In our case a tree limb had barely worked a small opening on our roof line. All of maybe an inch or two. Since it was up on the second floor the only way we knew was the our neighbor was experiencing a lot of bees on her side and saw them going in and out of our roof line.

Good luck!
duck79
AG
This happened to me 5 months after I moved in.
ChoppinDs40
AG
duck79 said:

This happened to me 5 months after I moved in.

Damn!

Is that your dryer vent?
duck79
AG
Oven vent. Found them when a few came thru when we started cooking one day.
rynning
AG
Same thing happened to me about 20 years ago. Wife said, "get a ladder and spray 'em!" Best advice I didn't take. The sooner you get a pro, the better. Every day is more bees and more honey.
gvine07
AG
We had a swarm of 10,000+ one year, then a few thousand 53 weeks later at our home in NE Carrollton.

We used Little Giant Beekeepers: https://www.facebook.com/littlegiantbeekeepers/

We were fortunate - we lived a mile or 2 from their hq and caught a beekeeper on his way back.

We moved 2.5 miles away to Plano and already had another issue, but not a hive/swarm. We'd definitely call them next time we have a problem. There are tons of options - call local to you or call them.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.