Metroplex
Sponsored by

Dallas Things to Do

1,779 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
AgPT06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We have a couple big trips planned later in the year, so spring break trying to keep simple this year. We are going to see my sister in Oklahoma possibly and would spend about 3 days if DFW area. We have 3 kids age 9,6, 1. Looking for tourist things to do in the area because honestly just have never stayed in the area other than some work trips. Doesnt have to be anything special, just good family friendly 1/2 day to full day excursions. Also any recommendations on where to stay appreciated.
Spaceship
AG
Perot Museum
Dallas Aquarium
Fort Worth Zoo
Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine
Dallas Arboretum

All good family/kid friendly things to do
a.froman
AG
All good recommendations from previous poster. Here are a few more:

Top Golf for the older kids
Grand Scape in the Colony. Has Ferris Wheel, Mario Andretti racing, Scheels, I believe a Jurassic Park exhibit
Dallas Zoo
FW Stockyards
Lego Land at Grapevine Mills
Crayola Experience at Shops at Willowbend
Medieval Times
Teacher_Ag
AG
I'll add KidZania at Stonebriar Mall. Your 1 year old won't get it but the 9 and 6 year old will. It's a literal miniature city where they get to do different careers. So cool.
Teacher_Ag
AG
Also if the weather is decent, Coyote Drive In just north of downtown Ft Worth is great. My little ones love it. Cool view of FW skyline, great concession area.
Teacher_Ag
AG
How interested are your kids in the assassination of JFK? Kidding.
wbt5845
AG
Be aware all these kid's venues are going to be madhouses during Spring Break. I normally do my afternoon runs on the Trinity Trails in Fort Worth. The crowds coming out of the Zoo are huge that week.

Lot of Dallas County centric stuff. There are tours of Jerry World and Globe Life Park if your kids are into sports. Believe it or not, something else that's fun to do that's free is go watch planes land at D/FW Airport. There's a dedicated park for that at the northwest end of the airfield called Founders Plaza.

AgPT06
AG
Thanks for all the replies. This gets us started.
Cramp00
Debbie
double aught
AG
Came here to mention Founders Plaza
Matsui
YouBet
AG
The Dallas Aquarium is pretty damn awesome.

If you are going to stay in a hotel I would consider the Anatole. They have basically created a water park on property with a lazy river that the kids would like. I have a friend who actually does staycations there with her kids every now and then just to do something fun on the weekend.
chick79
AG
If you don't mind a bit of a drive Fossil Rim Wildlife Park in Glen Rose is really nice especially for kids.
TXAGFAN
AG
chick79 said:

If you don't mind a bit of a drive Fossil Rim Wildlife Park in Glen Rose is really nice especially for kids.
GREAT for kids at that age. Was a favorite for my nephew, miss those days.
YouBet
AG
chick79 said:

I think it's great for adults.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.