Metroplex
Sponsored by

Men's Fitness, Fellowship, and Faith Group (F3)

1,197 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by nosoupforyou
BrianDemarais
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A little bit late, but in the spirt of New Year Resolutions, I wanted to post about a group I started getting involved with around 6 months ago. It's called F3 which stands for Fitness, Fellowship, and Faith. It is completely free, there are workouts daily and lots of social events-happy hours, golfing, hunting, Christmas Party, etc. many of which it is encouraged to bring wife and kids. The Faith component isn't to any particular religion, but more about self-improvement outside of just physical. Haha I will admit, at first it seems a lot like a cult, but hey people say the same thing about A&M! F3 has been really impactful for me, so if anyone is interested please feel free to shoot me an email! brian@smithallen.com

Here is a link to the DFW Chapter Site- https://f3dfw.com/
riverrataggie
AG
Sounds like God Squad from Gemstones.
nosoupforyou
AG
aye! I'm in Houston and joined F3 Katy region a year ago - changed my life!
In fact, I came to Ft Worth and posted with those guys out west - good time!

Here is what I posted on the Houston board -seriously - there have now been 8 guys that have responded to my post and are part of F3 now!

https://texags.com/forums/38/topics/3196095

I live in West Houston and about 6 months ago I was invited by a friend to get up early and come join the group for a workout. I declined... too early.

Then in January, my buddy hit me up to come out on a Saturday am when they meet at 6:30. I had nothing going on so I said, sure.. I'll come.. and haven't looked back.

Anybody else already in F3? Share your story to encourage others to join.

If not, here's what it's about:

• men only
  • always free - it's volunteer lead each time
  • meets in public locations
  • rain or shine
  • no equipment necessary
  • each group has 10-20 guys - when they get up to 30, they split and add a new location
  • there are some groups that meet and do Sandbag/Ruck work as bonus

There are about 30 groups that meet all over Houston, and over 2,600 groups that meet across the USA.
Each workout is lead by a different attendee and unique to keep it fresh and fun - think burpees, pushups, sit-ups, then run across the parking lot and do dips and calf raises on the curb, then run around a cone and do mountain climbers and bear crawls, etc - 45 minute workouts that usually start at 5:30 am weekdays and 6:30 am on Saturdays.
This is not CrossFit - it's regular guys meeting up 3-4 times a week.

F3 stands for Fitness, Fellowship, and Faith. www.F3Nation.com to see more.

Ask me any questions you might have- I'd love to encourage others to join us out there.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.