Metroplex
Sponsored by

Pre Cal Tutor

965 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Cjeusa99
Absolute
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HS Junior daughter needs a Pre Cal tutor. It could be local here in Richardson/N Dallas or virtual.

Any Recs?

aggielax00
AG
Sam McCaulley '25 is your guy. Has several HS clients, in addition to tutoring math/sci at TAMU. He's a 2021 graduate of TAMS, has over 90 hours college credit.
Samuel.mccaulley@icloud.com

He's looking for a MEEN engineering internship this summer if anyone has a connection for him to pursue.
Absolute
AG
Thanks!
wbt5845
AG
This needs to be my side gig after I retire. I have a math job and would have no problem with math tutoring up through and including calculus. $50-$60 an hour? What a deal!
powerbelly
AG
wbt5845 said:

This needs to be my side gig after I retire. I have a math job and would have no problem with math tutoring up through and including calculus. $50-$60 an hour? What a deal!
I know a few people who quit teaching and tripled their income by tutoring math full time. It is a great gig once you build up a client base.
Absolute
AG
You'd think I would be able to help her as a ME grad. However, it is worth the cost to have someone else help, since I would have to relearn the specifics and, being my kid, I am the last person she wants helping her.
wbt5845
AG
Absolute said:

You'd think I would be able to help her as a ME grad. However, it is worth the cost to have someone else help, since I would have to relearn the specifics and, being my kid, I am the last person she wants helping her.

Depends on what you do as an engineer. I am a stress analyst and do math dang near every day. I tutored my own kinds in everything up through AP Calc B/C. Generally found I understood the concepts better than the teachers. It did take work on my part.
Absolute
AG
Haven't used mine is 30 years, hence the need to relearn. Plus, I find that often the way they teach math these days is weird and different from what we learned.

You should definitely consider tutoring, there is a huge need for help for kids in Math and Science these days.
Cjeusa99
Howdy, I currently teach HS mathematics in the Mesquite ISD. I have been tutoring students online using Google meet and documents that we work on together in real-time. I Would be happy to work with her with her work, as well as SAT Math prep if needed!

Thanks, Cyril '95
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.