Metroplex
Sponsored by

Estate Planning Lawyer

1,301 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TexAg2k8
aggie_wes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for an estate planning Lawyer in Fort Worth to get a will and medical poa set up for my mother in law. Any recommendations?
cowtown ag02
AG
Check with Levi Dillon at Bourland, Wall & Wenzel, PC. He is an ag and board certified in estate planning.
Copp
I am looking for an attorney to help us put a Will together.

Board certified attorney and cpa. I assume that comes with a decent price tag?

Can most decent attorneys put a quality plan together, or is there a difference between your recommendation and someone maybe who maybe isn't board certified and isn't a cpa
cowtown ag02
AG
Most wills and ancillary documents are form driven so even though he has highly qualified he still has basic form packages at low prices comparable to other firms. He also has the experience if you need something more complicated to offer those services as well. Give him a call as initial call is free just to discuss with him your project and get fee quote.
Carlo4
AG
cowtown ag02 said:

Check with Levi Dillon at Bourland, Wall & Wenzel, PC. He is an ag and board certified in estate planning.

I'll second the firm. Don't know Levi, but my family used them for years. They did my will, helped out with trusts and everything else.

However, we were forced to move on due to a feud with my mom and uncle/conflict of interest. Not the law firms fault.
Dilly Dilly
AG
As noted, most of us use doc prep software, so unless you're dealing with an anticipated estate that will be subject to estate taxes (currently in excess of approximately $11.5m for an individual that can easily be doubled for a husband and wife), then the only thing you need is an attorney who primarily practices in estate planning and probate and has 5+ years of doing so. It's not worth hiring someone more than 20 miles away to draft it (I'm in Prosper), but I'd be glad to talk with anyone and advise you what I think is appropriate as far as cost and what documents you should expect. Some lawyers blindly push everyone into preparing a living trust by using scare tactics about the cost and pitfalls of going to probate court. Typically that more than doubles your cost, and it may not be necessary at all. I've been doing this 20+ years and can you you pointed in the right direction with a 10-15 minute call.
www.YatesLG.com
DeBoss
AG
I just used Brandon McGee out of Southlake and really enjoyed working with him.
Captn_Ag05
AG
In Dallas, but Aubrey Boswell with Tarleton Boswell (https://tarletonboswell.com/). His email is aubrey@tarletonboswell.com

He is also a CPA.
TexAg2k8
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.