Metroplex
Sponsored by

Affordable Mover Recommendations

1,236 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by RaeBooth
Goodbull_19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for affordable mover recommendations. Probably will mostly have them move the big stuff (W/d, bed, wardrobe, couch, etc). Only myself and wife moving into an 1,100 Sq ft house so need someone with low/no minimums. Anyone know of a company that fits the bill?
sanitariex
AG
https://www.moveontexas.com/

This is who we used to move a 4 bedroom house and only had one day to do it all. We had everything boxed and broken down to make it easier. The owner used to work for a friend of mine and I'd highly recommend them, his price was comparable to AB Movers except he included an extra person, and then showed up with one more and honored his original price. Great company.
Matsui
AG
Most have 2 hour mins. But you will go over that with what you listed
BrianDemarais
AG
Fantastic Moves is Aggie owned and does a great job, but won't be the cheapest…..My brother moved last summer and hired movers using a Groupon because they were the cheapest. One of the "movers" they sent was a 16 year old girl.
planoaggie123
AG
We used Firehouse Movers in Dec 2019 and were very pleased.

We re-finished hardwood floors and put in new hardwood throughout just prior to move-in and they were very careful with the floors and all our furniture.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Hot Shots moving

Used them twice 2013 and 2019

Low price and they sent an army of guys and 3 trucks. Packed up the house in about 2.5 hours.... drove to the other location and unpacked about 2 more hours.

Started 8am gone by 1pm.

3900 sf house and lots of stuff in attic storage.

Broke nothing. Covered the floors where they went.

They move a lot of stuff as is wrapping in plastic to keep drawers closed, etc. They disassemble and reassemble bed frames. We boxed up a lot of course. Bins too. They move anything. Grills, mowers, tools that don't fit in boxes, lawn furniture, etc.
progress
AG
got a cost on this above Zombie Jon snow?
RaeBooth
I had both moving on my own and moving company experience. Had to admit, I'll never move stuff myself again. I asked a friend with a van to help me. It took the whole day, even though I didn't have much stuff. Some of them were broken. UGH… When I hired expomovers, I thought it was the best decision I could take afterwards. Everything was packed properly, they didn't need my help (I was so happy about it, honestly), and I relocated for several hours.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.