Metroplex
Sponsored by

2021-2022 Winter Armageddon

75,787 Views | 871 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by planoaggie123
nai06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
planoaggie123 said:

I think I remember the exact freeze you are referring to.

No businesses shut down.

I had a 325i (b/c its a good investment right out of college lol) and that thing was all over the road. I made it. Could have damaged a $30K car (at the time) to make $200 or so that day. Really did not think anything of it.

I remember trying to make the transition from Woodall Rodgers to 75. Cars were just bouncing off the side of the ramp on their way down. I still don't know I I made it without wrecking out.
wangus12
AG
planoaggie123 said:

tysker said:

Ya restaurants and bars probably run counter especially at night when people have been cooped up all day in their homes

We will be supporting a local restaurant tonight....wife demands it and it will be nice to get out of the house...
Kostas Cafe on the corner of Alma and Park Blvd. Really good little Greek restaurant. I feel like my wife and I single handedly kept them afloat during the initial shut downs
rynning
AG
It ain't over yet! Looks like we yet get another freeze Friday night…
DannyDuberstein
AG
March 12 is the average last freeze in DFW, so that timing is spot on if it's the last. But with how the past month has gone, another after that wouldnt shock me
ChoppinDs40
AG
Not a hard freeze though. Just a few hours in the 20s.

2021 will be etched in everyone's memory just like 1983… the freeze that almost killed all of the living St. Augustine plants in Texas. Thanks Dr. Dubel.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Seeing 22 overnight Friday into Saturday. Won't kill, but that's a hard freeze.
riverrataggie
AG
39 and large sleet falling here in east Dallas. Crazy weather.

Hopefully schools don't close.
Texker
AG
wangus12 said:

planoaggie123 said:

tysker said:

Ya restaurants and bars probably run counter especially at night when people have been cooped up all day in their homes

We will be supporting a local restaurant tonight....wife demands it and it will be nice to get out of the house...
Kostas Cafe on the corner of Alma and Park Blvd. Really good little Greek restaurant. I feel like my wife and I single handedly kept them afloat during the initial shut downs
So that's why it's still there. I drove by every day for a couple of years wondering how they survived as there very few, if any, cars in the parking lot.
HouseDivided06
AG
My girlfriend and a couple people she works with love that place as well. I've been, and it's really good, I must admit. The dolmades and the lemon soup are both really good, and the gyro is legit. Might need to go soon.
Decay
AG
That hail/sleet was weird. Couldn't tell what that sound was on the window before I opened it.

Didn't affect anything roadwise so that's nice. Are we done with Winter Wx now or what?
planoaggie123
AG
Gotta get through the weekend....

Maybe next week...maybe....
riverrataggie
AG
Are you sayin Two Weeks?
planoaggie123
AG
riverrataggie said:

Are you sayin Two Weeks?

if we all just work together....stay home....wear our masks...this will all be over in 2 weeks...consider your booster...
Not Sure
AG
planoaggie123 said:

riverrataggie said:

Are you sayin Two Weeks?

if we all just work together....stay home....wear our masks...this will all be over in 2 weeks...consider your booster...

... To flatten the curve
duck79
AG
Are they really calling for snow now on Friday. Wtf…….let's get on to Spring already.
The Collective
AG
duck79 said:

Are they really calling for snow now on Friday. Wtf…….let's get on to Spring already.

Yes. We should preemptively cancel everything again.
Trucker 96
Some sleet mixed with rain off and on in Plano over the last hour
Ken Adams
AG
Same in McKinney. Maybe I wasnt paying attention but I didn't realize we were getting anything to go along with the cold
Absolute
AG
I Have Spoken said:

duck79 said:

Yes. We should preemptively cancel everything again.
I'm calling it for my company!! Taking the day off!
nai06
AG
PlanoAg98
AG
Very small hail happening in Plano just now.
The Collective
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

Very small hail happening in Plano just now.

Graupel
Legal Custodian
AG
Looks like snow is a real possibility tomorrow. Shouldn't really affect anything but hopefully this is the dying breath of winter
752bro4
AG
Sleet/freezing precip falling in N. Dallas right now.
planoaggie123
AG
I am near NorthPark mall and seems to be mainly rain....hope it stays that way....
752bro4
AG
Same - seeing it as rain, but as it hits my patio cover, it sounds frozen.
planoaggie123
AG
Ahh ok. I haven't stepped out. Looking from window. Maybe I am just wishing it to be rain until I leave later this AM.
Danny Vermin
Just left Weatherford and nothing but a few raindrops so far.
Legal Custodian
AG
Yeah up in the Denton/Frisco area there isn't much to report. Doesn't look like we'll get much. Radar doesn't show anything. Looks like a bust
planoaggie123
AG
Legal Custodian said:

Yeah up in the Denton/Frisco area there isn't much to report. Doesn't look like we'll get much. Radar doesn't show anything. Looks like a bust

I know we need the rain / precip but I think i am ok w/ just wrapping up winter with a cold snap that lets us use the fireplace while watching movies one last weekend....not desire for the ice / snow / sleet
Legal Custodian
AG
planoaggie123 said:

Legal Custodian said:

I know we need the rain / precip but I think i am ok w/ just wrapping up winter with a cold snap that lets us use the fireplace while watching movies one last weekend....not desire for the ice / snow / sleet
That's fair. I wouldn't have minded a dusting of snow just for aesthetics. But I'm right there with you, I am beyond ready to retire this thread and look forward to some spring storms and warmer weather.
planoaggie123
AG
We lost our pool heater so that "benefit" of cold is also gone...our family is just itching to start jumping in the pool....long ways out....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.