Metroplex
Sponsored by

2 Tickets to Southwest Classic for Sale

3,009 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by The Collective
fosterd4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
$425/EA

Section C136
Row 22
Seats 11 and 12

Text 469-288-2940 if interested
David '94
Cramp00
$20 if you throw in a parking pass
_lefraud_
AG
$25 and you pay for my uber
Moe Jzyslak
AG
$30 and you buy dinner for the two posters above me
cadetjay02
AG
Is that really the going rate? I'm not sure I'd go if you paid me $100. Also- rookie and no ag-tag smells sketchy.
The Pilot
AG
Seems to be around the going rate for this level but they are also on the Arkansas side.
ac04
i will accept the $425 each to sit in jerryworld for 4 hours surrounded by arkansas fans
Hincemm
AG
cadetjay02 said:

II'm not sure I'd go if you paid me $100..

Really? Top 16 matchup with our highest rank team in a while? The price may be a bit high but come on…
powerbelly
AG
cadetjay02 said:

Is that really the going rate? I'm not sure I'd go if you paid me $100. Also- rookie and no ag-tag smells sketchy.
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

The price may be a bit high but come on…
This event never sells out. Tickets will come down significantly the day of the game.
Hincemm
AG
interesting...didn't know that
double aught
AG
Hopefully it'll be back on campus for good after '24. It's a shame it's lasted this long.
grego
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

Quote:

This event never sells out. Tickets will come down significantly the day of the game.
Prices don't really drop for this game because face value is really high and they aren't part of a season ticket package.
fc2112
grego said:

PlanoAg98 said:

Quote:

Prices don't really drop for this game because face value is really high and they aren't part of a season ticket package.
I've never understood this. So someone spends $400 for a ticket and the day of the game says to himself "naw instead of getting $100 I'm gonna eat the $400." That makes no sense.
Proposition Joe
It impacts supply on the secondary market which impacts price.
double aught
AG
How does it impact supply?
Proposition Joe
A normal regular season game has a large amount of supply coming from season ticket holders that can't attend that game (but already paid for it in their package).

With people buying for one specific game, there winds up being a lot less people looking to get rid of their tickets.

One person with a $400 ticket that decides to get rid of it for $100 likely isn't going to impact the market as a whole. It's only when a large number of people en masse try do so that the overall market starts dropping. Bill goes to $100, Mary counters at $99, Dwight goes to $95 and it snowballs.
PlanoAg98
AG
There are a lot of tickets for this event on reseller sites. If they are eager enough to put them up on such site, they will be eager enough to drop the price to get some money rather than none.
Proposition Joe
There's actually not that many decent tickets on the secondary market for this game. I think Stubhub has maybe 30 in the 100 level in between the goallines. That's next to nothing for a game still 24+ hours away.
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

There's actually not that many decent tickets on the secondary market for this game. I think Stubhub has maybe 30 in the 100 level in between the goallines. That's next to nothing for a game still 24+ hours away.
On another thread, somebody stated that Seat Geeks is the "official" site for buying 3rd party tickets for this game and to not buy off Stub Hub. Seat Geeks has what appears to be over 100 listings with most of those between the goal lines. I'm betting I'll get 200 or 300 level behind the Aggie bench for $100/each. That's more than 1/2 of what they are listed for today.
fc2112
Proposition Joe said:

I still don't get it. Tomorrow, there will still be people asking for $400 for their tickets on the 100 level. Wouldn't they rather just get what they can at that point? Would they rather eat $400 or $300? Seems dumb to just say "well I didn't get $400 so I ain't gettin nuthin."
Proposition Joe
PlanoAg98 said:

Quote:

On another thread, somebody stated that Seat Geeks is the "official" site for buying 3rd party tickets for this game and to not buy off Stub Hub. Seat Geeks has what appears to be over 100 listings with most of those between the goal lines. I'm betting I'll get 200 or 300 level behind the Aggie bench for $100/each. That's more than 1/2 of what they are listed for today.

SeatGeek is also the primary for this game, so many of the seats you are seeing on there aren't resale tickets - they are tickets that simply haven't sold for the first time (since prices are so high). Most of those SeatGeek listings you will not see drop in price because they are from the box office.
Proposition Joe
fc2112 said:

Proposition Joe said:

I still don't get it. Tomorrow, there will still be people asking for $400 for their tickets on the 100 level. Wouldn't they rather just get what they can at that point? Would they rather eat $400 or $300? Seems dumb to just say "well I didn't get $400 so I ain't gettin nuthin."

I mean, maybe there will be a few people still asking $400 for their tickets on the 100 level, but there won't be a lot of them.

This isn't like a game in College Station, TX (1-3 hour drive for most people) where there's 500 tickets on the 100 level between the goal-lines still for sale.

Resale typically drives secondary market prices -- not "true fans that just couldn't make the game". The majority of ticket buyers for this game were "true fans" -- because the billionth straight neutral site game at $150/ticket between these two teams really wasn't all that desirable a ticket until Arkansas ended up taking down Texas and it became a real big game for both teams.
fc2112
Proposition Joe said:

fc2112 said:

Proposition Joe said:

I mean, maybe there will be a few people still asking $400 for their tickets on the 100 level, but there won't be a lot of them.

This isn't like a game in College Station, TX (1-3 hour drive for most people) where there's 500 tickets on the 100 level between the goal-lines still for sale.

Resale typically drives secondary market prices -- not "true fans that just couldn't make the game". The majority of ticket buyers for this game were "true fans" -- because the billionth straight neutral site game at $150/ticket between these two teams really wasn't all that desirable a ticket until Arkansas ended up taking down Texas and it became a real big game for both teams.
The dynamics will be interesting to watch. I regularly go to game in College Station for $20 a seat for pretty decent seats. You just have to be waiting until 2 hours before the game when people start to panic.
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

The dynamics will be interesting to watch. I regularly go to game in College Station for $20 a seat for pretty decent seats. You just have to be waiting until 2 hours before the game when people start to panic.
The hardest part about this is actually getting a cell signal that will allow the Stub Hub app to work. I loved Flash Seats where you could submit bids on multiple ticket listings and it will only process the 1st one that accepts your offer. I would put very low bids on 5-6 ticket offers. Every time about 15-30 minutes prior to kick off, I would get a notice that my offer was accepted and I had my tickets.
grego
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

There are a lot of tickets for this event on reseller sites. If they are eager enough to put them up on such site, they will be eager enough to drop the price to get some money.
There aren't near the amount of tickets that there are for similar events

Only 170 ticket on StubHub 4 hours before kick which is absurdly low.
Naveronski
AG
Kinda last minute, looks like we'll be able to go.

Anyone still selling tickets?
Aggie09Derek
AG
https://seatgeek.com/southwest-classic-7-texas-aandm-v-16-arkansas-tickets/ncaa-football/2021-09-25-2-30-pm/5305592

TONS of tickets left on all price levels. The best value is probably the 300 level A&M side for $125+SG fees.
Naveronski
AG
Thank you!
Aggie09Derek
AG
47 with 30 minutes left. Cheapest tickets to be found are those at face value through venue (same as some years past with this game).
Naveronski
AG
Thanks, yeah, I see the 407 for $85, but I think we'll have to pass.
fc2112
One guy dropped to $30 - people on first deck steadfastly wanting $300. Guess they just want to feel good about eating the full face value.
fc2112
Some down to $200 on the first deck
fc2112
people still holding out for $300
Naveronski
AG
I'm wondering if it's people, or if they're unsold tickets from the venue.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.