Metroplex
Sponsored by

Aggie FB Radio in West DFW?

3,272 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by ftworthag02
Springtown12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is anyone able to get a good radio signal for Aggie football games in the Decatur/Springtown/Weatherford area? I was outside working most of Saturday and couldn't pick up a good signal on any of the radio stations listed on the 12th Man website. All the stations listed were Dallas stations and none of them worked. Even the Granbury station wasn't coming through. Lots of Aggies up here so I don't understand why there wouldn't be coverage extending out to here if that is the case.
Quinn
AG
Try the TuneIn app. It has a ton of college football games on it, so you would likely be able to stream our games as well.
AggieFrog
AG
Stream it via TuneIn or if you have iOS you can even use the Apple Music app - just search for KZNE.
Cramp00
Aggie football radio in dfw has always been an embarrassment while the Longhorns are on powerhouse krld.
AggieFrog
AG
Cramp00 said:

Aggie football radio in dfw has always been an embarrassment while the Longhorns are on powerhouse krld.

Does it matter in 2021 given everyone can stream games (video or the audio)? There are very few places you'd ever need a regular radio signal over cellular/WiFi anymore.
Aggie1944s Kid
AG
I just stream it from the 12thManMobile app
Get ready bal. You're gonna in for a problem.
Fannie Luddite
AG
I can get 92.1 in my car, but not on my portable radio. Streaming is the way to go, though a 5 watt speaker on a cell phone won't work too well outside.
Cramp00
AggieFrog said:

Cramp00 said:

Does it matter in 2021 given everyone can stream games (video or the audio)? There are very few places you'd ever need a regular radio signal over cellular/WiFi anymore.

You're not wrong for the Aggie who wants to find it bad enough. But there has to be value in being able to scan your radio from the Red River to Waco and stumble upon a horns game.
AggieFrog
AG
Cramp00 said:

AggieFrog said:

Cramp00 said:

You're not wrong for the Aggie who wants to find it bad enough. But there has to be value in being able to scan your radio from the Red River to Waco and stumble upon a horns game.
That's definitely a fringe case. Fans will find a way to listen to the game and will stream it. Kids / recruits aren't listening to a game on the radio like that. Will a few folks listen in who just happened to find the game on the radio - sure. But that number has to be quite small. If this is 20 years ago - agreed completely. Spent many Saturdays in my deer stand trying to find a radio station clear enough to catch the game. But those days are long gone - hell I can watch the game from my stand now.
ftworthag02
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.