Metroplex
Sponsored by

Pest control recommendations

1,874 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by FincAg
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have a company they like for basic residential treatments? I used Green Defense for the longest time because they were great, but they were recently purchased by another company that charges twice the price.
AgBQ-00
AG
I've been happy with ABC Pest Control. Have had the "big name" companies before and I like ABC better.
Communists aren't people. They are property of the state.
jwright4288
AG
Anything specific you see a lot of? And where are you located?

I've done it my self every 3 - 6 months with just the ortho home defense stuff and I haven't an since I switched. Started doing this while living in College Station cause I got tired of paying $60 for the guy to spend 5 seconds spraying. I had more bugs/roaches then than I do now
double aught
AG
Typical stuff I guess: the occasional spider, roach, silverfish, ant. I hadn't really thought about doing it myself, but maybe that's the way to go. These new guys want at least $110 per visit.

I'll look into ABC too.
cadetjay02
AG
I'm in Frisco and my guy out of Celina is about $75 a quarter. Don't ever see anything so I guess it works. Been using him for 7 years.

R&R Pest
Brandon Grumbles
jwright4288
AG
Honestly I'd try it yourself. A single bottle lasts a couple years and it's dirt cheap. If after 6 months or a year you're seeing too many bugs hire a company.

Worse case you have to hire the company anyway and are out $14 on spray. Best case you save a couple hundred bucks a year

It doesn't take much time either. Just spray outside right above the foundation and around windows/doors and inside along the trim all along the outside wall.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Book marked!
AggieDiver03
AG
I used a solo guy for years until he retired, and used ABC before that but they got more and more expensive over time. The past couple years I've been happy with All Pro, I believe it's only about $90/quarter. https://gettoknowallpro.com/
ftworthag02
AG
[url] https://www.domyown.com/[/url]
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Blue Diamond

http://www.bluediamondps.com/
agcrock2005
AG
This is intriguing. Do you do the "pest box"?
ftworthag02
AG
sorry, I don't have personal experience with this but do have a friend that used it and was happy with the results.
YouBet
AG
I just noticed that Smith Thompson does pest control now. It's $59 per quarter if you are an existing customer. $89 if not. No contract.

Hard to beat if you are an existing customer just scanning pricing on this thread.
YouBet
AG
agcrock2005 said:

This is intriguing. Do you do the "pest box"?
FYI - was intriguing because they are advertising $7.98 per shipment. I just measured exterior of our home in linear feet according to their guide in order to get my cost and it's more expensive to DIY compared to Smith Thompson as an example, if you go with their recommendation of applying monthly.

It's actually $22.48 per shipment for 11 shipments per year for my zip code and liner footage. We are in the 301-450 category for linear footage. If I back it off to quarterly then it's about half of what it costs a pro to do it. I'm going to opt into their quarterly shipments (which is really 5 shipments per year) and report back efficacy of it. That makes it apples to apples to what you would get from a normal company.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
What makes you think their treatments will be more effective than stuff you can buy at retail places? Or do you think it's cheaper?
YouBet
AG
Tomas Hermensa said:

What makes you think their treatments will be more effective than stuff you can buy at retail places? Or do you think it's cheaper?
I frankly don't know. As I'm fairly uneducated on pesticides, I'm trusting they are sending me the right stuff for my geography and in the right amounts based on my linear footage.

Off hand $22 to treat the entirety of your home exterior seems cheap to me though. Not sure what equivalent would cost at Lowes, for example.
FincAg
AG
A quart of Bifen is like $30, then another $30 for a pump sprayer, that all together might last you years.

https://www.domyown.com/bifen-it-p-226.html?keyword=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2LnF496D8wIVwfezCh0AUg5IEAAYASAAEgJhJvD_BwE
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.