Metroplex
Sponsored by

Where to watch Aggie games?

5,057 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by KSigAg12
dave94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
d_21 said:

Did go to the sporting club and had a good time. Met some new ags and our waitress was fun and gave us great service. With that being said Is there am unofficial spot? I prefer more of a bar and less of a club at 11 am

I always default to Stan's Blue Note. Even if we don't get sound inside, there's a regular there who's an Aggie and gets the outdoor TVs on with sound.
TheGreatScott12
AG
dave94 said:

d_21 said:

Did go to the sporting club and had a good time. Met some new ags and our waitress was fun and gave us great service. With that being said Is there am unofficial spot? I prefer more of a bar and less of a club at 11 am

I always default to Stan's Blue Note. Even if we don't get sound inside, there's a regular there who's an Aggie and gets the outdoor TVs on with sound.

That's great to know. Used to go to Stan's occasionally for Stars games when I lived in the M's
_lefraud_
AG
At St. Pete's Dancing Marling and Aggies get 12% off all day, everyday. Not many large TVs buy might be a decent spot.
TXAGFAN
AG
TheGreatScott12 said:

Sucks to hear others says, but I have been saying it for years myself…. Spent my first year out of college in Houston and those watch parties and happy hours were greatness. Hate that Dallas can't have the same.
This is true, Houston watch parties were a great time. The Dallas ones I don't know why they even bother.
Bosco
AG
bco2003 said:

The Frisco A&M club has a weekly watch party at II Brothers Bar & Grill near 121 & Preston.

https://friscoaggies.aggienetwork.com/events/

Ok I'm gonna go check this out for Mizzu this Saturday. Kick is at 11am, how early do I need to arrive?
WBC1994
AG
Bosco said:

bco2003 said:

The Frisco A&M club has a weekly watch party at II Brothers Bar & Grill near 121 & Preston.

https://friscoaggies.aggienetwork.com/events/

Ok I'm gonna go check this out for Mizzu this Saturday. Kick is at 11am, how early do I need to arrive?
Were you there on Saturday at II Brothers. We had a nice crowd of 40+ for an 11 am kick.

As a person who has helped find and keep watching parties going it's a pain in the a$$ sometimes. Now some complain that it's not in Frisco, but private space, tons of TVs and dedicated bar.

For years Dallas has had odd watching locations, but finding a host and staffing multiple locations is tough.
Gigem
MM
TheOC16
AG
What about Fort Worth?

Coming into town this weekend and just want some recommendations for good watching (and decent food + environment) for Saturday night's game.
Matsui
AG
Poag mahones is the aggie club spot

Matsui
AG
You asked for decent food and the aggie game on not sure on that
Saxsoon
AG
TheOC16 said:

What about Fort Worth?

Coming into town this weekend and just want some recommendations for good watching (and decent food + environment) for Saturday night's game.

Poag Mahones has plenty of TVs and a good vibe. But they do not have food. But they let you bring in food and there is some bbq, tacos, etc all in the same parking lot
_lefraud_
AG
City Works at Clearfork is a nice spot to watch games. You would need to call about sound though.

Bos/Hou (if necessary)
Bama/Tenn
USC/Notre Dame
Wvu/TCU

Look to be the competition.
cr06gis
AG
NE Tarrant Club has their watching parties at The Local in Keller. Definitely has food.

I haven't been to an A&M watching party since I lived in Vegas. I remember it being like 100 or so folks and hardly anyone other than older couples. I was 24 and solo. I'm pretty sure I got stares for ordering my third beer. Never went back.
KSigAg12
AG
Ok the Fort Worth club FB page says watch parties are at a sports bar way up by Eagle Mountain Lake. As a downtown person I'd rather go to Poag's. Are there still a good amount of Aggies who watch it there?

Edit: Nevermind it looks like there is still a watch party at Poags as well
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.