Metroplex
Sponsored by

Where to watch Aggie games?

5,024 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by KSigAg12
d_21
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
New to Dallas and was wondering if there is a place where ags get together to watch the games
PlanoAg98
AG
What part of Dallas?
walton91
Looks like the official watch party is now at the Sporting Club. Anyone ever been?

https://www.dallasaggies.org/html/events.asp?action=viewevent&id=17858
d_21
AG
I guess where I live is considered east Dallas? I live at the village but will make the short drive to watch the games with fellow ags.
walton91
The official watch party is at the Sporting Club in Deep Ellum. I believe this place is brand new so the first year in this location. Those usually draw a pretty good crowd. Stan's on Greenville is also a good place. Its more of an old school sports bar that has watch parties for several teams every Saturday so its a good idea to see who else is playing at the same time so you aren't crowded out by other fanbases
KWadeTX
AG
I am new to the metroplex as well and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for places to watch the game around Flower Mound/Lewisville? I don't mind driving a bit, but I would prefer to watch the game with sound.
bco2003
AG
The Frisco A&M club has a weekly watch party at II Brothers Bar & Grill near 121 & Preston.

https://friscoaggies.aggienetwork.com/events/
TheGreatScott12
AG
I'd stay away from the new Dallas watch party. I went last week and it was a disaster. Location is a club where everywhere but in our designated area it appeared girls were serving drinks in thongs. Zero beers on tap and DJ music during commercial breaks... It was interesting... Dallas A&M Club continues to fail at watch party locations... Just my two cents. Down to start an unofficial watch party though.

The one thing I'll give the new location credit for was buckets of beers (6) were $25.
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

girls were serving drinks in thongs
We have rules around here!!!

In all seriousness, outside of the Dallas club... you have Collin County, Frisco, & McKinney near by. The Frisco club puts on a good game watching. It's not as big as Dallas but lots of TVs with good audio and great service.
TheGreatScott12
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

Quote:

girls were serving drinks in thongs
We have rules around here!!!

In all seriousness, outside of the Dallas club... you have Collin County, Frisco, & McKinney near by. The Frisco club puts on a good game watching. It's not as big as Dallas but lots of TVs with good audio and great service.
Haha I was with my wife so wasn't gonna try getting a photo. But my buddy who went with me put it best when we were talking about how big of a disaster it was through test. He said "Couldn't tell if I was there to watch the Aggie game or get a lap dance. Need to switch locations ASAP."
_lefraud_
AG
You may prefer that lap dance for when the Ags aren't playing well...
TheGreatScott12
AG
Any ways I complained to the people in charge and they don't care. Said maybe next year it can move. Let me know if you find a good place to watch. I used to watch at Wing'd Nut in Richardson since it is owned by an Aggie, but haven't been this year.
wbt5845
AG
Fort Worth A&M Club has theirs at Poag Mahone's, which is awesome - they have Guinness on tap, which makes me complete.

TheGreatScott12
AG
wbt5845 said:

Fort Worth A&M Club has theirs at Poag Mahone's, which is awesome - they have Guinness on tap, which makes me complete.

Another reason to envy you crazy Fort Worth folks!
powerbelly
AG
TheGreatScott12 said:

I'd stay away from the new Dallas watch party. I went last week and it was a disaster. Location is a club where everywhere but in our designated area it appeared girls were serving drinks in thongs. Zero beers on tap and DJ music during commercial breaks... It was interesting... Dallas A&M Club continues to fail at watch party locations... Just my two cents. Down to start an unofficial watch party though.

The one thing I'll give the new location credit for was buckets of beers (6) were $25.

Least surprising news of all time. The Dallas club leadership gives zero ****s about the game watching experience.
TheGreatScott12
AG
Sucks to hear others says, but I have been saying it for years myself…. Spent my first year out of college in Houston and those watch parties and happy hours were greatness. Hate that Dallas can't have the same.
Van Buren Boy
AG
KWadeTX said:

I am new to the metroplex as well and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for places to watch the game around Flower Mound/Lewisville? I don't mind driving a bit, but I would prefer to watch the game with sound.

Denton county club is meeting at Marty B's

wbt5845
AG
Van Buren Boy said:

KWadeTX said:

Denton county club is meeting at Marty B's
This is likely the closest one to Flower Mound anyway. And Marty B's has great BBQ and an adequate selection of beers on tap.
YouBet
AG
It is freaking amazing to me how the Dallas Club continues to pick the most dbag bars to have these watch parties. It's as if they are purposely picking places not conducive to watching the game. This has been an issue for years now.
Saxsoon
AG
I wish I had seen this thread earlier. I got there and the bar oozed of hooters and ******baghery. Heading to frisco
TheGreatScott12
AG
YouBet said:

It is freaking amazing to me how the Dallas Club continues to pick the most dbag bars to have these watch parties. It's as if they are purposely picking places not conducive to watching the game. This has been an issue for years now.

I bashed the watch party on their Instagram post. An "officer" DM'd me. Should I share?
powerbelly
AG
TheGreatScott12 said:

YouBet said:

I bashed the watch party on their Instagram post. An "officer" DM'd me. Should I share?

Obviously.

I seriously think they like the ****** clubs and don't understand why people hate them.
YouBet
AG
TheGreatScott12 said:

YouBet said:

Just tell them to quit picking clubs and pick a bar. Two totally different environments.
TheGreatScott12
AG
They said they're locked into a contract and we can revisit next season.
Saxsoon
AG
TheGreatScott12 said:

They said they're locked into a contract and we can revisit next season.
I figured there had to be something stupid like that. I think I saw that 20% of concessions was donated back to the club.

Seattle had a better watch party location than that ****hole
TheGreatScott12
AG
Here ya go… first couple photos are how it started with me commenting on their Instagram post. Last three are the DM with an officer.

FreeLunch
AG
They're giving you the opportunity to fix it for next year. I don't know all the factors they have to account for but you will if you volunteer. If you're not willing to volunteer or can't then don't complain to the people that do volunteer.

With that said it does seem unfortunate that the locations picked seem less than ideal. But we don't know the decision making factors.
powerbelly
AG
FreeLunch said:

They're giving you the opportunity to fix it for next year. I don't know all the factors they have to account for but you will if you volunteer. If you're not willing to volunteer or can't then don't complain to the people that do volunteer.

With that said it does seem unfortunate that the locations picked seem less than ideal. But we don't know the decision making factors.

They go with whoever gives them the most money. They really don't care about watching the game.
TheGreatScott12
AG
powerbelly said:

FreeLunch said:

They go with whoever gives them the most money. They really don't care about watching the game.

This is correct. There is a reason it is always at a club. Clubs don't get much business in the day time so they are willing to pay more to get people in their doors. It's been an issue for years and it's obvious they aren't changing. I'm just gonna start watching with buddies at a bar of our choosing.
YouBet
AG
powerbelly said:

FreeLunch said:

Which is about as short-sighted as you can be. They are stepping over a quarter to pick up a dime.

Just dumb.
wbt5845
AG
Yeah, that is unfortunate.
PlanoAg98
AG
" Seattle had a better watch party location than that ****hole"

This is because the Seattle A&M Club had such superb officers.
Saxsoon
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

" Seattle had a better watch party location than that ****hole"

This is because the Seattle A&M Club had such superb officers.
I like to think I picked a great person to lead after I did.

If you are who I think you are, you set a great precedent yourself
wbt5845
AG
So when I lived in Seattle many years ago, the club up there always had great game watching parties. They used to be at a bar down close to Safeco. They set aside a whole corner of the place just for us.
d_21
AG
Did go to the sporting club and had a good time. Met some new ags and our waitress was fun and gave us great service. With that being said Is there am unofficial spot? I prefer more of a bar and less of a club at 11 am
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.