Metroplex
Sponsored by

Crawfish in FW/Arlington?

1,501 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by mosdefn14
AggieBand2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have a restaurant recommendation for good crawfish in the western half of DFW?
Ptery83
ftworthag02
AG
Never been there but I seem to remember someone mentioning a cajun restaurant in roanoke (not west Fort Worth), found Bayou Jacks on the web
Casey TableTennis
AG
Does shell shack have crawfish? Their boils are fantastic, but I always go with crab/shrimp.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Ptery83 said:

Not exactly where you are looking but try The Cajun Market in Colleyville.

+1 for the Cajun Market. Pretty good if you need a fix.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
80sGeorge
AG
Casey TableTennis said:

Does shell shack have crawfish? Their boils are fantastic, but I always go with crab/shrimp.

Went to Shell Shack W Plano last night bec of a crawfish recommendation. My guess is they boil them in plain water and put them in the bag with all the seasoning. Ordered the Diablo, which they said was the spiciest. It's not spicy at all.

I thought it was terrible.
TexDill15
AG
Ptery83 said:

Not exactly where you are looking but try The Cajun Market in Colleyville.

I had a terrible experience with the Cajun market back in March. The catfish was slimy and the gumbo had no flavor. Would not recommend.

Edit: Grew up in SETX so I am familiar with proper Cajun food and that wasn't it.
FunkyTownAg
AG
Havnt had it before but been meant to try Flying Fish's crawfish this year.
The Shank Ag
80sGeorge said:

Casey TableTennis said:

Went to Shell Shack W Plano last night bec of a crawfish recommendation. My guess is they boil them in plain water and put them in the bag with all the seasoning. Ordered the Diablo, which they said was the spiciest. It's not spicy at all.

I thought it was terrible.
Let our OP know on facebook the same thing, that's unfortunately how most restaurants around here do it. Very few if any do a full seasoned boil, everything is "in-a-bag" crap.
agcrock2005
AG
Boo Rays!
Ptery83
Legal Custodian
AG
I know it's a chain, but Razzoo's has pretty decent crawfish if you're just looking for a fix.
J&J Oyster Bar near West 7th runs out fast but theirs is pretty decent
It's getting pretty late for Crawfish so I would expect prices no matter where you go to be pretty high
2aggiesmom
Ptery83 said:

That's unfortunate. The owners are Cajuns from the Houma area so they know Cajun food. Not sure if they had a bad day or what. I've had nothing but good food from them and I'm also from SE Tx.
I live in Colleyville. This family is fantastic and really strives to serve the best product possible. I am sure if you contacted Phil with your complaints he would make it right. I have never seen a family more invested in serving the best authentic food to this community.
Proposition Joe
Acadia Parish Crawfish in FW - on Camp Bowie West near West Side Cafe (old Chubby's Burgers).
ftworthag02
AG
Really? Will have to try it. Love west side cafe. God bless Tracey. RIP
Proposition Joe
Chicken and Dumplings with macaroni and cheese for "vegetable" #1 and macaroni and cheese for "vegetable" #2, paired with a bad "I'm carb loading" joke. Been too long since I've been.
mosdefn14
AG
It was still there 2 weeks ago
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.