Metroplex
Sponsored by

Ring Dunk in the Metroplex

1,552 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Trucker 96
ABobo2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I graduated in '19 and never did a ring dunk. Is this a right-of-passage that I must do? Thinking about doing a post-graduate dunk.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
This idea. It's bad.
ABobo2
AG
Let's hear why though
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Well for starters you're an adult, who apparently has managed to earn a diploma from a, at least at one point in time, reasonably quality institution.

Yet here you are asking strangers on the internet if you need to chug a pitcher of beer as a right-of-passage.

Chug a pitcher of beer, don't chug a pitcher of beer, who gives a crap. But holy ****, if you need someone to hold your hand through this decision how the hell can you actually function in order to make any responsible life choices related to financial decisions. Or god forbid have to lead a project at work.

But I'm probably asking a lot from someone that is probably still on their parents insurance and cell phone plans.
ABobo2
AG
You really changed my whole outlook on life there. Thanks for that.
DFWTLR
AG
Geez, you said the idea was bad and he asked why and you rip him, who gives a **** what someone posts on a dumb forum?

To the OP, no its not a right of passage and no one will ever ask if you dunked your ring. It was fun in college but so were a lot of things you won't do anymore, so avoid the barfing and move on.
Bones08
AG
The thread has too much right of passage talk and not enough rite of passage talk.
riverrataggie
AG
This is an odd thread.

F Clay Jenkins
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

I graduated in '19
You should have done it in 2019. I have not chugged a pitcher of beer since my ring dunk the weekend after receiving my ring. Some things have a small opportunity window and after that, it's just not good.
riverrataggie
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

Quote:

I graduated in '19
You should have done it in 2019. I have not chugged a pitcher of beer since my ring dunk the weekend after receiving my ring. Some things have a small opportunity window and after that, it's just not good.

Kind of like Pamela Anderson.
JR Ewingford
I'm sure the OP is just messing around. J--s Christ no need to go after the guy.. If he wants to dunk it go for it, if not go for it.
Demasiado
AG
Class of 01, I never did it out of public puking fear. I don't know the legality of doing it at a public dfw establishment. I say go for it, you'll be 40 with kids and being saddled with project leads before you know it. You'll look back fondly on your experiences not your fiscal responsibility
Cramp00
still would
Quinn
AG
You should do one every weekend at the A&M Watch Party this fall as penance for not taking part of such a sacred tradition while you were a student.
DadAG10
Bones08 said:

The thread has too much right of passage talk and not enough rite of passage talk.
Your write.
Buford Tannen
AG
Do whatever you want man. No need to ask permission from the Internet.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Old Army is dead. Plus Old Army never dunked their rings. Between classes they walked over to the ring clerk and picked up their ring and walked to their next class.

walton91
Ol_Ag_02 said:

Well for starters you're an adult, who apparently has managed to earn a diploma from a, at least at one point in time, reasonably quality institution.

Yet here you are asking strangers on the internet if you need to chug a pitcher of beer as a right-of-passage.

Chug a pitcher of beer, don't chug a pitcher of beer, who gives a crap. But holy ****, if you need someone to hold your hand through this decision how the hell can you actually function in order to make any responsible life choices related to financial decisions. Or god forbid have to lead a project at work.

But I'm probably asking a lot from someone that is probably still on their parents insurance and cell phone plans.

We're having fun here, no?
Trucker 96
If you asked this question in 2018, I'd say yes. But since we dont have a time machine, it's a big no
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.