Metroplex
Sponsored by

Apartment Recommendations for Euless/Arlington/Mansfield

1,239 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by wbt5845
tl1127
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have any recommendations for apartment complexes in Arlington and surrounding areas? My sister just graduated PA school and is looking to potentially move there for her first job. I'm in Plano but have no knowledge/experience with this area. TIA
_lefraud_
AG
Where will she be working (vicinity)?
tl1127
AG
On Matlock, just north of I20.
agchino
AG
I would avoid Arlington for apartments.

For Euless, there is a cluster of apartment complexes around 360 and Cheek-Sparger/Mid-Cities Blvd. It's been 10+ years since I lived there but there are a lot of options and it is a safe area. There is also a new area at 121 and Glade/Mid-Cities with apartments, shopping, and dining.

Don't know much about Mansfield, but it ought to be a good area, and you'll probably find newer builds than Euless or Arlington.
tl1127
AG
Thanks, I'll pass that along. Is Arlington just older, or is it sketchy? She wants to be as close as possible to work, so I know she was looking at a couple around Mayfield and Matlock that looked decent, near a larger park/green space. But she's willing to be further out if it is safer.
agchino
AG
Arlington between I-30 and I-20 is older and sketchy. Arlington south of I-20 is newer, but the sketchiness is mixed. North of I-30 is the same, then you hit the river bottoms and there is not as much development.

Every weekend it seems there is a story of a shooting at an apartment complex in Arlington.

For Euless, stay north of 183, everything south of 183 is older and sketchier.
wbt5845
AG
Yeah, she won't want to live around the hospital. Several places along I-30 that are nice. Some great apartments are being built just north of downtown Mansfield, but they're $$$ and pretty far away.
Hincemm
AG
360 and broad? I think that's technically Grand Prairie.
Cramp00
There are some new apartment complexes and condos right next to old downtown Mansfield. Looks like a cool place to live for a youngster w big cans. she got big cans?

https://www.apartments.com/bexley-on-main-mansfield-tx/3b1nc4g/
tl1127
AG
Thanks everyone. It looks like Mansfield is going to be the best place for her to look. I'll pass the recommendations on to her.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Villaggio apartments in Mansfield have always looked really nice from the outside but I have no idea. My first year up here I lived at providence in the park at arbrook and fielder by the target. It was pretty good but still apartments in a busy area so a mixed bag. I never had any issues except for weed smell seeping through my vents in my closet.
wbt5845
AG
Cramp00 said:

There are some new apartment complexes and condos right next to old downtown Mansfield. Looks like a cool place to live for a youngster w big cans. she got big cans?

https://www.apartments.com/bexley-on-main-mansfield-tx/3b1nc4g/

Those are the ones I was thinking of. They are really nice and walking distance to all the cool stuff downtown.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I own an apartment in Arlington. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's probably not what she's looking for. Mostly old people. There may be a few around UTA that would have younger people, but I agree with the rest that say probably just avoid Arlington.
nai06
AG
Some of these responses give me a little chuckle. I grew up in Arlington and my parents still live there. Its not nearly as sketchy or dangerous as this board seems to think it is. Its a large suburban city with a fairly high population density. Compared to similar cities, its pretty normal. What you won't find are a lot of nice or higher end apartments. The overwhelming majority of complexes cater to low to very low income earners. If that's something you are looking for, Mansfield is probably what you're looking for.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Not bashing Arlington, just that it doesn't have a young people area with lots of nice apartments and things to do that most 20-somethings seem to like these days.
wbt5845
AG
So if Mansfield is not too far, Bexley on Main is awesome.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.