Metroplex
Sponsored by

Bob's on Lemmon

6,113 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by JuCo CH46
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DFWTLR said:

The windows give a great view of the Arby's across the street. We usually do that one or Chamberlain's for a steak night, can't go wrong with either.
Trajan88
AG
Nick and Sam's is #1 on my list so far.

I have others to try: Al Biernet's, Dee Lincoln, and Knife.

Anyone dine at Biernet's North (old Del Frisco's location on Spring Valley)? How does it compare vs the Original? Steaks? Service?
TommyBrady
AG
Pappas Bros 26 oz Dry Aged Porterhouse is the best steak I've ever had in Dallas
YouBet
AG
Trajan88 said:

Nick and Sam's is #1 on my list so far.

I have others to try: Al Biernet's, Dee Lincoln, and Knife.

Anyone dine at Biernet's North (old Del Frisco's location on Spring Valley)? How does it compare vs the Original? Steaks? Service?

Yes. I don't notice any real difference in food quality between the two. Service is great there as well. Spaces are just vastly different. Original is more intimate and darker.

North has a huge bar area that is really nice. The main dining area on the left when you enter can be quite loud. I haven't been up there but I hear the place to sit is upstairs on a smaller balcony (weather permitting) if I recall that correctly.
Bocephus
AG
TommyBrady said:

Pappas Bros 26 oz Dry Aged Porterhouse is the best steak I've ever had in Dallas

Papas was way to loud when I went there. Lousy place to bring a date
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
annieag91
AG
Bob's on Lemmon is the only one still owned by original owner. All others sold out.
Buford Tannen
AG
Even though it's a "chain", Pappas Bros. is pretty amazing. I prefer the localized ambiance and the familiarity of the waitstaff at a place like Bob's, Al Biernat's, Nick and Sam's, etc., but Pappas Bros. was right up there in terms of the product.
Bocephus
AG
albatross said:

Even though it's a "chain", Pappas Bros. is pretty amazing. I prefer the localized ambiance and the familiarity of the waitstaff at a place like Bob's, Al Biernat's, Nick and Sam's, etc., but Pappas Bros. was right up there in terms of the product.

Too many people taking out clients to get drunk on the corporate expense account the night I went.
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
JuCo CH46
Nick and Sam's is great. Town Hearth (sp?) was good, their liquor menu is unreal!!!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.