Metroplex
Sponsored by

Bob's on Lemmon

6,154 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by JuCo CH46
Bocephus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Best steak I have ever had at a restaurant in Dallas. Blew Pappas away
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
powerbelly
AG
Has been pretty consistent through the years and is the only Bob's I have found to be worth visiting.
J.P. 03
AG
So...did you eat the carrot?
harge57
AG
I go there every year on my Birthday.

I have been to nearly every fancy steakhouse across the country with work. The two steakhouses I spend my own money on are Bobs on Lemon and Maestros in Vegas and Scottsdale.
Bocephus
AG
J.P. 03 said:

So...did you eat the carrot?

I'm not big on cooked carrots but that one tasted straight up like candy.
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
agfox06
AG
We are regulars at the Plano location and have grown pretty fond of the staff. From the outside looking in, the Bob's on Lemmon has never seemed terribly appealing.
rebag00
AG
I love Bob's. I've only been a couple times in the last few years, but the steak is always good.

I have been spending more of my good steak money at Knife in the Highland. The flavor of the aged steaks there is tremendous.
TxAG#2011
The tomahawk Waygu I got there is the best steak I've ever had
YouBet
AG
Didn't Bob's on Lemmon change hands sometime back? That may not matter. Good place; hate the carrot - it's a tourist attraction at this point (the carrot; not the restaurant).

Best two steaks I've had in Dallas that I always remember that jumped out at me are Pappa's and Townhearth. Not sure if latter is even still around and it's not purely a steak place.
riverrataggie
AG
rebag00 said:

I love Bob's. I've only been a couple times in the last few years, but the steak is always good.

I have been spending more of my good steak money at Knife in the Highland. The flavor of the aged steaks there is tremendous.

Knife is very underrated
YouBet
AG
riverrataggie said:

rebag00 said:

Knife is very underrated
Yes, it is. Didn't realize it was still open. Great place the one time I've been.
riverrataggie
AG
We did a progressive steak dinner before COVID with friends.

Started at nick and sams for cocktails and caviar, bobs for main dinner, knife for dessert and drinks.
YouBet
AG
riverrataggie said:

We did a progressive steak dinner before COVID with friends.

Started at nick and sams for cocktails and caviar, bobs for main dinner, knife for dessert and drinks.
Had never actually eaten at Nick and Sam's until about 2 years ago. That place might put Vegas to shame with it's presentation and atmosphere.
TxAG#2011
YouBet said:

Didn't Bob's on Lemmon change hands sometime back? That may not matter. Good place; hate the carrot - it's a tourist attraction at this point (the carrot; not the restaurant).

Best two steaks I've had in Dallas that I always remember that jumped out at me are Pappa's and Townhearth. Not sure if latter is even still around and it's not purely a steak place.
Bob himself got arrested for fraud (forced via gambling addiction) and had to sell corporate to pay it off. It's a corporate chain now
riverrataggie
AG
TxAG#2011 said:

YouBet said:

Bob himself got arrested for fraud (forced via gambling addiction) and had to sell corporate to pay it off. It's a corporate chain now

I knew there was a reason I liked the feel of Bob's.
powerbelly
AG
TxAG#2011 said:

YouBet said:

He bought it back in 2019
agcrock2005
AG
powerbelly said:

TxAG#2011 said:

YouBet said:

He bought it back in 2019
Bob buys back original Lemmon location
clobby
AG
Al Biernat's has my top steak.
Phat32
AG
They must have cut a deal with the Omni, because there's one in every hotel.
powerbelly
AG
yukmonkey said:

They must have cut a deal with the Omni, because there's one in every hotel.

Omni bought Bobs and operates all the other restaurants except for the one on lemmon.
AustinAg2K
I like Bob's, but Nick and Sam's is the best, imo.
bagger05
AG
Pepper steak at Cafe Pacific in HP is legit.

Not a traditional steakhouse type steak but REAL good.
GAC06
AG
AustinAg2K said:

I like Bob's, but Nick and Sam's is the best, imo.

They're both good but I like the vibe at Bob's.
Yesterday
AG
Bob's in Grapevine was very meh. Nick and Sam's was very good. Del Friscos is pretty good too.

I often find that a lot depends on the chef, the cut and when it's served. I've had meh steaks at $100/plate places and pretty good steaks at Outback.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I was a regular at Bob's on Lemmon until Sambol sold it. I haven't been since he bought it back. I like Pappas and Nick & Sam's. Knife is solid as well.

I'll eat at three forks, Del Frisco and Al Biernat's but they're not my favorites. I haven't gone to any of these since being vaccinated and I was thinking about going to Bob's. No reason, just normally go to to entertain people and there's been less of that, but it's starting up again.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
YouBet
AG
bagger05 said:

Pepper steak at Cafe Pacific in HP is legit.

Not a traditional steakhouse type steak but REAL good.

Looked this up because I thought Cafe Pacific was a covid casualty. It's not! So that's good. However, this item is not on their menu anymore.
GarlandAg2012
AG
rebag00 said:

If you like dry aged steak you should check out Rapscallion on Lower Greenville, especially on a Wednesday night. They pretty much always have a ~40 day dry aged ribeye available and on Wednesdays they are 50% off.

I've only been to Bobs once but need to go back. Wasn't blown away but it was with a large group which makes things tricky to get the timing right sometimes.

Love the atmosphere of Nick & Sam's and have always had a great meal at Del Frisco's Double Eagle.
the_batman26: I guess yall need this, its something to take pride in. At least the Feds trusted us with the Space Center; and I seem to recall the Feds not having the best time in Dallas.
Dilly Dilly
AG
If you get a chance and they have some available, be sure and order some of the Ohmi steak at Nick and Sam's. At one point, they were one of only 2 places in the US that carried it. Not sure now. Absolutely amazing.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Bobs on Lemmon is 75% about the food and 50% about the atmosphere. You never know who you will see there Switzer, Aikman, Dirk, Cuban the Car Czar

But the steak is still good, the carrot ain't bad and the margarita on the rocks at the bar is nails
Buford Tannen
AG
I've always thought Bob's, Nick and Sam's, and Al Biernat's were Dallas steakhouse royalty.
YouBet
AG
albatross said:

I've always thought Bob's, Nick and Sam's, and Al Biernat's were Dallas steakhouse royalty.
Al Biernat's definitely is. Original location anyway.

We go to their North Dallas location when we got out big for steak because it's closer to us. Granted, we haven't actually done that in 2 years.
Buford Tannen
AG
The one that used to be a Del Friscos. I took my wife there the night we got engaged.
YouBet
AG
albatross said:

The one that used to be a Del Friscos. I took my wife there the night we got engaged.

Yes, they gutted and redid the space as Al Biernats. Pretty damn slick. Added windows and opened it up.
DFWTLR
AG
The windows give a great view of the Arby's across the street. We usually do that one or Chamberlain's for a steak night, can't go wrong with either.
AggieBarstool
Whoa, this thread is gold. I've been interested in going to kKnife, but haven't heard of the others (even after living here a year). I'm excited to try them all!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.