Metroplex
Sponsored by

2021 DCAD

6,459 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Hood
752bro4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quinn said:

mAgnoliAg said:

The house across the street from us is tax assess valued 16% higher than ours but their taxes are 10% lower than ours. Is this something I can use to protest? Also how does this happen if the percentages are the same? Sorry we are first time homeowners this year so don't know these things
I used an excel spreadsheet of all of my surrounding neighbors last year to show why my taxes should be reduced and was successful in getting the reduction. Someone posted it on last year's thread if you want to find it and take a look.
Link

Link
Quinn
AG
Yep, that's it. Worked out perfectly for me and got exactly what I asked for (your results may vary)!
culdeus
AG
Yeah I'm looking to do that and also argue that I fall into the next condition category downwards. Haven't exactly figured out how to argue that, but I'll cherry pick a few items I suppose. is there an easy way to scrape the data like that or do you have to hand pick it yourself?
FincAg
AG
I would love to know why our little 66 year old home is an Excellent desirability. No other home our age is that desirability except for the new builds more than twice our square foot. Also, I assume we are listed as a built as of 1990 because a waterheater burst above the guest bathroom and they replaced sheetrock and flooring? There are completely gutted homes on our street that still have built as of 1955.
riverrataggie
AG
FincAg said:

I would love to know why our little 66 year old home is an Excellent desirability. No other home our age is that desirability except for the new builds more than twice our square foot. Also, I assume we are listed as a built as of 1990 because a waterheater burst above the guest bathroom and they replaced sheetrock and flooring? There are completely gutted homes on our street that still have built as of 1955.

You likely pulled permits. They didn't
double aught
AG
0% increase this year. I'm quite shocked. Maybe I'm reading it wrong but don't think I am. I'll take it.
AggieFrog
AG
double aught said:

0% increase this year. I'm quite shocked. Maybe I'm reading it wrong but don't think I am. I'll take it.

Same here in Tarrant County. I'm wondering if it's because it's a new house (only the 2nd year with a full taxable value). Market value for the same model is roughly 80k more today than when we closed 18 months ago.
CoppellAg93
AG
double aught said:

Me as well. Shows my "re-evaluation" year as 2020. Seems like mine changes every 2-3 years with a few exceptions.
harge57
AG
Apparently DCAD gets audited every other year. Last year was an audit year, so they are much less likely to budge on the adjustments. I think they may be more lenient this year.

I will likely still protest my 0% increase.
harge57
AG
They were not able to offer me a settlement so it looks like I will be going to my ARB hearing.
DeLaHonta
AG
How do you get the desirability/condition of your house lowered? Mine is listed as "excellent", and some of my neighbors are listed as "very good" or "average", even though many of them have completed full renovations in the past couple of years.

I submitted pictures last year, which lowered my assessment, but didn't budge the desirability/condition.
Hood
AG
Is there a way to see on the DCAD website if your value was reduced via protest?
YouBet
AG
Hood said:

Is there a way to see on the DCAD website if your value was reduced via protest?
1. Click your 2021 Appraisal Notice link in upper left. Compare figures with Estimated Taxes (2021 Certified Figures) box at bottom of page. Latter number should be less if you won.

and/or

2. Also, the Tax Agent line at the top middle will have the company listed that you used, if you used a service. You can also compare the negotiated total you got back from that same company via email with what you paid.

If you did it yourself, then just try #1.
Hood
AG
Thank you.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.