Metroplex
Sponsored by

Info on Specific Condo Building - 588 Lofts 3110 Thomas Ave in Dallas

1,047 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TXAGFAN
TXAGFAN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm on the market for a new home in Dallas. I keep looking at more mid rise style condos and this option is appealing for a number of reasons (don't need huge space, lock and leave, etc). My realtor (not under contract, he just represented on previous purchase/sale) doesn't know much about this building.

Does anyone know much about building - any issues or history I should know, is it loud? How investable it is (is this kind of condo a terrible investment)? I'm open to other suggestions nearby between say there, downtown, and oak lawn. I've done high rise in Chicago and 99% sure I'd be annoyed with that living situation.

It's the building below by 75 just north of downtown and
overlooking park.

wbt5845
AG
TXAGFAN said:

I'm on the market for a new home in Dallas. I keep looking at more mid rise style condos and this option is appealing for a number of reasons (don't need huge space, lock and leave, etc). My realtor (not under contract, he just represented on previous purchase/sale) doesn't know much about this building.

Does anyone know much about building - any issues or history I should know, is it loud? How investable it is (is this kind of condo a terrible investment)? I'm open to other suggestions nearby between say there, downtown, and oak lawn. I've done high rise in Chicago and 99% sure I'd be annoyed with that living situation.

overlooking park.

I don't know anything about that particular building, but it looks pretty desirable. Close to downtown, walking distance to all sorts of things. Real close to two freeways, though. I hope that building is well insulated for noise.
TXAGFAN
AG
The noise is 100% my biggest concern.
powerbelly
AG
I would visit during rush hour but also at night to get a sense of the noise. I would expect it to be significant from both the highway and the bar crowd on weekends.
dallasattnyag
Agreed to visit and rush hour. And at night to see how good the night view is and bedtime noise.

I will say, I moved into a mid rise building on tollway/northwest highway a few years ago on 8th floor. I thought the tollway traffic was going to drive me nuts but after a few weeks I didn't notice it nearly as much. I run a dyson air filter fan at night on medium and it never bothered my sleep.
TXAGFAN
AG
Agree, the noise fades. When I lived in Philadelphia and Chicago for projects I rarely noticed it except the trash truck in one building because of the alley and EARLY hour they came.

My only concern with noise is that it would be evident in conference and video calls since I'll be working from hone remotely even post pandemic.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
TXAGFAN said:

Agree, the noise fades. When I lived in Philadelphia and Chicago for projects I rarely noticed it except the trash truck in one building because of the alley and EARLY hour they came.

My only concern with noise is that it would be evident in conference and video calls since I'll be working from hone remotely even post pandemic.

You can get some good software that will help cancel out background noise during calls. My boss had a step machine going one day and it sounded like he was being chased by a robot. Realized his software wasn't activated and when he turned it on you couldn't hear anything other than his voice.

Stupid@17
AG
Make sure it's not one of the buildings that had massive flooding due to pipes bursting in February.
culdeus
AG
TXAGFAN said:

overlooking park.

I mean the only concern is mid-town is getting to be less desirable in general. A lot of the apartments that made up more or less the younger crowd built by Post sold several times and as is predictable, have faded a bit.

The lack of grocery stores and other infrastructure like gyms is better now, but still not ideal for some. And more and more jobs have moved out of downtown to other places like south lake and wherever.

I would do some due diligence on the HOA and the assessments they have done/plan on. These condos can come at you for 5 figure assessments to address things on the exterior and for other things like security/parking.
TXAGFAN
AG
Agree. There are still a lot of fairly expensive townhomes in the area, but agree re: the apartment situation.

The assessments are a big concern for me, was hoping someone with some insight may comment on the off chance a resident was on here.

I've actually been introduced to someone today who used to live there for years and just moved out.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.