Metroplex
Sponsored by

Barbec's Restaurant

1,647 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
rwtxag83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wife and I were planning to head to Dallas in a couple of weeks and wanted to have breakfast at one of our old faves, Barbec's on Garland. We used to love their beer biscuits back in the day. Back in the 90's when we were dating we waited over an hour to get in on a couple of Sunday visits. Just found out they had a fire back in October.

Anybody know/hear if they plan to re-open?
agcrock2005
AG
rwtxag83 said:

Wife and I were planning to head to Dallas in a couple of weeks and wanted to have breakfast at one of our old faves, Barbec's on Garland. We used to love their beer biscuits back in the day. Back in the 90's when we were dating we waited over an hour to get in on a couple of Sunday visits. Just found out they had a fire back in October.

Take it FWIW but I just did a quick google search and they have it as "permanently closed". Also saw on a reddit thread that a longtime hostess said it would not be reopening.
ftworthag02
AG
barbecs is closed? Damn!
Sumlins Pool Guy
Barbecs is best experienced as a memory if we're being honest with ourselves
MW03
AG
rwtxag83 said:

Use this as an opportunity to enjoy Kuby's or Lucky's instead. Won't have the sentimentality, but you will get the experience of waiting an hour or more for a pretty legit breakfast.
Buford Tannen
AG
Sumlins Pool Guy said:

Agree with this take.
AggieBarstool
A kitchen fire put them out of business months before COVID.
rwtxag83
AG
Sumlins Pool Guy said:

This might be true. I'd heard that it had gone downhill with the new owners, but back in the day, the food was great, and worth the wait. We used to love to meet friends there on Sunday mornings.
Greater love hath no man than this....
rwtxag83
AG
MW03 said:

rwtxag83 said:

Use this as an opportunity to enjoy Kuby's or Lucky's instead. Won't have the sentimentality, but you will get the experience of waiting an hour or more for a pretty legit breakfast.
Appreciate this. I'll check out one of these.
Greater love hath no man than this....
YouBet
AG
Having lived over there for over a decade I never actually ate there somehow. However, everyone I knew said the same thing - those biscuits were spectacular but the rest of the food was average at best.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.