Metroplex
Sponsored by

Legal request...

1,144 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by agcrock2005
NomadicAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have a recommendation for a lawyer or firm to help with estate planning? I'm in the Southlake area, so something close would be ideal.

Thank you!
SuzyQ06
Not in Southlake, but Bourland, Wall & Wenzel in downtown FW is great. I've referred my clients to them and have always gotten positive feedback. I've even referred several of my family members to them.

Jeremy Pruett is a shareholder there (he does real estate), as is David Goodman (employment law). Both are Ags. Jeremy frequents this board and can get you placed with the right people.
TechLawAggie
AG
Thanks, Susan! I always appreciate the kind words.

Namadic - feel free to reach out at any time. As Susan indicated, I work primarily in real estate, but I can get you connected to our estate planners. My firm was started in 1983 as an estate planning firm and it remains an integral part of what we do. I am happy to help in any way possible. Just give me a call: 817 - 877 - 1088.
Hincemm
AG
Hope it works out with TechLaw!

If you need another reference, my family/business has used Benenati Law for 30+ years. He knows his stuff when it comes to Estate Planning and has helped several friends/colleagues.
Dilly Dilly
AG
I'd be glad to help, but I'm not as close as you probably prefer. We have offices in Frisco and Prosper, but it would probably be worth the drive. Depending on your needs, I typically charge $950 for a couple for wills (with trusts for kids), to $2,250 if you're hell-bent on getting a living trust (which isn't as necessary in Texas as it is in other states). Aggies get a reduced price off of that ($200 off wills, $500 off trusts). If we're talking an estate with estate tax consequents, that's different discussion (right now, about $11.5m for a single person, double for a married couple).
In the past, I typically meet in person to discuss your plan, then again to execute everything. Nowadays, I typically discuss over the phone or Zoom, then send drafts, and only meet to sign. So, it may not be as inconvenient since you only have to travel one time.
I'm happy to talk to you about what your goals are and what I think you need, regardless of whether you use me, the other referrals, or LegalZoom (no, please). I'd rather get you started down the right path than anything, as I constantly see people being overcharged for estate planning.
The technology available to attorneys today to prepare estate plans allows us to prepare fairly advanced documents with little more than a few extra clicks, so don't get sucked into spending more for various clauses or trusts (contingent trusts, s-corp stock trusts, retirement benefits trusts, etc). I used to be justified in charging more for those, but it's so simple to include those in every will and trust, that the cost doesn't justify the added work.

Jeff Yates
agcrock2005
AG
We're using Catherine Goodman (https://www.cgoodmanlaw.com/) right now. My dad got dementia at a pretty young age (69). Now he's 72 and off his rocker so we're having to do all sorts of crap with my parents estate to protect assets. She's been pleasant to work with so far. Good luck with your planning.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.