Metroplex
Sponsored by

Private Pilot Certificate Training

1,010 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by OldArmyBrent
ArlingtonAg2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking to start working on my Private Pilot Certificate. Searching for an instructor in DFW (I'm in Arlington). Most of the flight schools cater to career pilot training, that's not what I'm interested in right now. Any recommendations on instructors, flight schools, flying clubs, etc greatly appreciated.
bco2003
AG
May want to cross post on this thread on the Outdoors board which has a fair amount of activity.

https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/2869476
ArlingtonAg2015
AG
Done. Thanks for the suggestion.
Hincemm
AG
my wife is going through atp...which is located in arlington. they cater to commercial as you state but can probably offer some suggestions..they are based out of arlington muni
TravelAg2004
AG
If you're willing to be a little flexible, one of my good friends is a CFII that flies out of Addison. I say flexible because he works for one of the cargo outfits, but ends up with 12-15 days a month at home.

Both me and my brother did our training with him and my brother is close to getting his CFI as well.
KellerAg15
AG
I live in Keller but work in Grand Prairie and I have heard nothing but great things about the folks over at Aviator Air at GPM. I am not currently working on my license but am hoping to start soon and went through the research about all of the different options. Good luck!
OldArmyBrent
AG
There's a new flight school in Lancaster but they are geared more toward instrument and other advanced training (don't think they have a rental available for PPL). If you want to rent through your PPL, then a place like Aviator Air is great. I'd stay away from Addison so you don't pay for .7 sitting on the ground every time you fly. If you can find someone who will charge you tach time instead of Hobbs, that .7 will be .2 or .3, so that could make it worthwhile if Addison is more convenient.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.