Metroplex
Sponsored by

DFW Country Clubs

1,385 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by LHIOB
Captain Quagmire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My fianc and I recently moved to the Southlake/Grapevine area and are considering joining one of the nearby country clubs (Timarron, Trophy Club, or Hackberry Creek). Does anybody have any experience with or thoughts about these clubs (or any others in the same area)?

TIA
Ag CPA
AG
Timarron, where we were members for several years, is more of a golf club; it just doesn't have the full country club experience you are probably envisioning (pool, tennis, full clubhouse amenities, etc.). Just a different vibe from what we experienced at Ridglea when we lived in FW; feels very corporate but the course is great and the people are nice.

If you are younger it may be ideal though, before kids I could not care less about the amenities at Ridglea, all I wanted to do there was play golf, dine/drink, work out and meet people. Timarron would have been ideal for late-20s Ag CPA.

I've played golf at the other two CCs you mentioned but don't know much about the clubs themselves.

Robert C. Christian
AG
I don't have any club advice but if you post this on the golf board you will get much better insight and recommendations.

ETA: I just saw you have already done this. Good luck!
LHIOB
AG
Do you want a Country Club or a golf club?
YouBet
AG
Captain Quagmire said:

My fianc and I recently moved to the Southlake/Grapevine area and are considering joining one of the nearby country clubs (Timarron, Trophy Club, or Hackberry Creek). Does anybody have any experience with or thoughts about these clubs (or any others in the same area)?

TIA
Yes, when I frequent the country clubs nearby our house I usually charge everything to the Underhill's. For some reason, they have multiple memberships around the area and they are quite generous.
Captain Quagmire
AG
LHIOB said:

Do you want a Country Club or a golf club?

We're leaning toward country club to the networking opportunities, but are willing to consider golf clubs, as well.
LHIOB
AG
Timarron is much more of a golf club. Trophy Club is more of a country club with tennis and pool, etc.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.