Metroplex
Sponsored by

Soil injection for in-ground pool?

3,773 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Garrelli 5000
angel_00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have soil injection done for an in-ground pool? We are having a pool built in the next couple of months and curious if anyone has had this done. Our pool builder gave us the option but neither my husband nor I have any experience or knowledge about this. We have done some reading online but nothing that has convinced us either way. We are east of Plano for reference. Any thoughts/advice from the wise TexAgs family?
2wealfth Man
AG
Is the risk of ground shifting the reason they are want to do the injections? I am over in Irving and they put piers under our pool. Believe me, a pool that shifts is a potential disaster on so many fronts. Whatever you do needs to be done right because you won't get a do over.
angel_00
AG
Based on what we've read, the injections will help prevent any shrinkage or swelling of the soil over the years. The advice regarding necessity seems to really vary depending on the type of soil you have. Our pool builder hasn't made a recommendation either way, they informed us of the option and then said it was up to us. They have some clients that have done it and some that haven't.
Absolute
AG
Would be a little disappointed that they handled it that way personally. Theoretically, all soil around here is bad. Realistically some areas are worse than others. If they are going to throw it out there, I would expect them to have some expert advice about it. Since you are paying them to be the experts. You don't want your pool moving around, but they should be able to tell you if you really need to spend money on it.

Would piss me off and make me question them as a builder choice.
mAgnoliAg
AG
We've done a bunch of pool injections up that way. I would definitely recommend it.
Corps_Ag12
AG
If you can, find a home builder nearby (or your home builder) and just ask if they'd mind sharing with you their findings on the soils in the area and if they'd recommend it. Alternatively you can ask a geotechnical firm in the area as they may be willing to help give advice.
DestinAg01
AG
The soil in dfw varies widely from area to area. Water injection is effective and a very common source of soil remediation by builders. It has to be locked in because over time it will dry out. This can be accomplished by laying poly or having an impervious surface like pool deck cover the injection area. On chemical injection, cost and effectiveness can vary and I would rely on geotech.
Garrelli 5000
AG
It can vary within a single neighborhood or even house to house. We didn't inject but some did in our neighborhood. Knock on wood we've had no problems after 1.5 years but I've heard of a couple of other pools in the community developing issues.

Our builder felt it wasn't necessary but another we shopped felt we should inject along with additional reinforcement.
Take the trash out staff.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.