Metroplex
Sponsored by

RISD Board Race: Chris Poteet 94

15,125 Views | 157 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Trek Strategy
TxAgLaw03RW
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah, but I'd say you should go see it for yourself and make your own decision. If you don't know what CRT is, it's easily accessible.
cc_ag92
AG
So, if I don't have the kind of job where I can easily take off work and peruse these documents, then it's not worth your time to provide actual information. Sounds like you're more interested in fear than facts.
powerbelly
AG
It's not his job to keep you informed. Either you care or you don't. Sounds like you don't.
Quinn
AG
It's not his job, but he did come here to let people know about how awful it was, which piqued people's interest, and we were hoping that he could provide some specifics rather than generalities. He said that his wife read the lessons for an hour, so surely she can remember some of the lessons that are supposed to be taught.
Goose
AG
Now announced that Brentfield Elementary will be closed from 9/3 to 9/13.
planoaggie123
AG
Goose said:

Now announced that Brentfield Elementary will be closed from 9/3 to 9/13.

Little ridiculous but Friday is a throw-away day before a holiday.

Is Richardson doing Mon/Tues off like Plano?

If things are crazy there they will only be losing a couple days.

What are the numbers driving? Is it school specific i assume?
Ol Jock 99
AG
I don't know what percentage is the tipping-point, but Brentfield has ~25% of their students in quarantine.
planoaggie123
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

I don't know what percentage is the tipping-point, but Brentfield has ~25% of their students in quarantine.
Wild. That is a pretty high number. Just noticed Richardson does not have Tuesday off as well so definitely a negative impact to the school.

Edit: They moved to remote so that is good...i thought they were shutting down for a week...
murphyag
AG
TxAgLaw03RW said:

Multiple grades are covered and I think it's about 25 minutes per day of the total curriculum. This was very under the radar, so that's why there's not a lot of info.

The materials my wife viewed were textbook CRT.
I'm also curious what was in the curriculum. Can your wife post on here what all types of topics/lessons she saw?
Post removed:
by user
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Busy day and didn't have a chance to respond. The examples given always included a white male as the oppressor or antagonist and this was the case in each grade level.

The written descriptions were purposely vague, but the racism was very clear in the videos.

In addition to CRT, there is a significant amount of social emotional learning about LGBTQ, which is also problematic.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Fear my ass. Go read it for yourself or get your spouse to go. If you get a firsthand look and I'm wrong, feel free to come back and share with everyone the concrete examples showing how I'm wrong.
cc_ag92
AG
Sounds like your ass is trying to scare people and create fear to me
You don't have the power to boss me around or frighten me, though.
I thought you had information to share, but you don't. I understand that now.
Whirligigs
planoaggie123 said:

Ol Jock 99 said:

Wild. That is a pretty high number. Just noticed Richardson does not have Tuesday off as well so definitely a negative impact to the school.

Edit: They moved to remote so that is good...i thought they were shutting down for a week...

It will be longer than a week.
Whirligigs
cc_ag92 said:

Sounds like your ass is trying to scare people and create fear to me
You don't have the power to boss me around or frighten me, though.
I thought you had information to share, but you don't. I understand that now.

Sounds like you don't care and don't have the fortitude nor ambition to spend some times in the evening to look it up. Not surprised, most people are exactly like you.
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
TxAgLaw03RW said:

Yeah, but I'd say you should go see it for yourself and make your own decision. If you don't know what CRT is, it's easily accessible.

I talked to parents of a 2nd grader tonight. They saw the curriculum and agree it's CRT. They are going to opt out of the first 30 minutes of every day, but as of now, the kids that opt out have to go sit in the principle's office. She is trying to raise support to get as many parents as possible to opt out.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Yeah, we've talked to a few who are doing the same. I really thought recent legislation banned this crap, so hopefully this is short lived.
Fenrir
It's been a bit since I read the bill but I don't recall any penalties being spelled out so my assumption would be that if they are violating it, you would need to sue them.
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
Fenrir said:

It's been a bit since I read the bill but I don't recall any penalties being spelled out so my assumption would be that if they are violating it, you would need to sue them.
I think you are right. The curriculum that was explained to me first hand by a parent that saw it - she described a softened curriculum (compared to CRT last year) that doesn't demonize groups of people, but spotlights certain groups of people and omits others in order to "normalize" groups of people and behaviors while omitting others. The underlying theme is acceptance and doing what feels good - that what feels good is right. She described a conversation that she had with her 7 year old when she got home and it reminded me that kids make decisions based on emotion far more than adults and this curriculum is counting on that decision-making paradigm.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.