Metroplex
Sponsored by

Where to live?

1,781 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 10andBOUNCE
aa4136
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My work is split between Duncanville and Midlothian and my spouse works at Texas Health Presbyterian off of Walnut Lane. What areas would you guys recommend? We are looking to purchase a home soon and looking at having kids within next few years.
Texker
AG
Budget?
Cramp00
Quinn
AG
Kessler Park
CapCityAg89
AG
I approve all three questions.
akaggie05
AG
That's a pretty rough work location split to have to manage. Highly dependent on budget (as asked above), but someone is likely going to have to deal with a much longer commute than the other.
aa4136
Budget for house would be 750-800K. We have an apartment near Trinity Groves area right now so have looked at Kessler Park area but weren't too sure about the schools in the area.
LostAg
Maypearl
"Let's go to Taco Cabana and get us something to eat..."
LostAg
Look in Ovilla....
"Let's go to Taco Cabana and get us something to eat..."
East Dallas Ag
AG
1. You could give your spouse the cush commute and do Lake Highlands or Lakewood
2. If suburban is attractive, might consider Sunnyvale, you'd both be able to avoid going through downtown and I dont think 635/20 is bad that direction (towards Duncanville) during rush hours, but havent looked that closely. I think the biggest part is not going thru DT.
3. There are some decent elementary schools in Kessler area, Winnetka and Rosemont IIRC, probably a magnet as well, but middle and up is very questionable.
_lefraud_
AG
He probably wants to stay married...
aa4136
Great suggestions in your post!

I will indeed be favoring giving her the benefit of a shorter commute if possible.
mosdefn14
AG
You can get quite a bit of house for that money in Cedar Hill with a decent commute. Doesn't sound like you're looking at public schools anyway if you stay south of downtown.
10andBOUNCE
AG
That budget would get you a sweet setup in Midlothian
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.